View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 07:20 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
I have a clue.

A demented, anti-business legislature: removal of the super majority required to raise taxes; and Moonbeam, the former governor who opposed prop 13 - the proposition which kept old people from losing their houses to the taxman.

It will ultimately be "interesting" only to those who milk the system, that is, until the system crashes.

I suppose it's "interesting" that Boxer and Reid has another term in the senate as well.
Yes, Californians have greased the rails to speed up the state's imminent demise.

Quite frankly, given the financial devastation of this state - in terms of what is owed and what industries have been lost (not to mention the taxpayers who had those jobs and left the state), I'm not sure an election could alter the course.

Without a doubt, "Reagan Country" is long gone. It has been replaced by a left-of-center constituency that unfailingly votes for those who hand out freebies and taxpayer funded goodies.

The only question becomes, who will be left to foot the bill for DWP retirement packages, universal pre-school, financial aid for illegal alien college students, etc?

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 11-03-2010 at 07:23 AM.