View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 10:39 PM

Cole,

There is a difference between "My agenda vs his agenda" and ruling justly from the bench.

I've been railroaded before and I don't like it - I'm not suggesting that.

However, when someone is here illegally, they should be deported. It's not happening.

I see several things here whether I'm right or off base:

Immigration judges are both judge and jury. The judge may well be subject to the political whims of his boss - The Attorney General, who also oversees the federal unit which investigates potential misconduct in Federal judges and Federal attorneys. The present Attorney General is suing Arizona for daring to encode Federal law into state statute.

As I stated above, I believe that the game is essentially that of after having been busted crashing the concert and milling in the back, the defense is that the crasher was in the process of buying tickets. And it flies.

I believe you are right that a small anti illegal immigration won't have the clout to do any of this. But what can be done is inform.

Most people believe that once ICE picks up an illegal, he's gone yesterday. Not so if the illegal fights it, and at least 60% of those brought before immigration court by ICE are cut loose.

How to change that particular problem without succumbing to tyranny of the majority either way or otherwise engineering unjust prosecution and malicious rulings might be successfully suggested.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 03-24-2011 at 10:44 PM.