View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 10:31 AM

Rimo, the addition of (not true) was mine and the reason for the headline being stated was to make the point that the author of the piece was trying to make which was the bias of the media for not reporting this story except at a local level. Had the rolls been reverse the story would have gone national. Anyone paying attention to what is being reported today would know that is very true. I can't count the amount of times I've read horrific stories that are only reported at a local level because it was Whites who were the victims. The double standard is being harder and harder to hide due to the internet and the incidents of this hiding the story it piling up.

The goal of posting this was not just to point out the bias in reporting when it doesn't reflect well on Blacks, it was to draw attention to how often we are not informed of a story. Sometimes it's an illegal, sometimes it's a Muslim or it's someone in our movement trying to get the word out.

This board and others like it are where we stand a chance of informing people of stories like this.