View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post

People and the press should not esclate the matter, just for the fun or for the purpose of creating more. Calling for more guns is not the answer. Right now, count how many gun related incidents are reported EVERY day and night.
If anyone has a sensible solution I would like to hear it. I don't think it is really helpful to call for more guns, I think that just makes more people trigger happy.

BTW, I am for gun ownership.
More guns alone is not the solution, but responsible gun ownership should be encouraged. This means training that should go along with gun ownership that includes exactly when it is legally appropriate to introduce a firearm for purposes of self defense. This kind of training also explains how to avoid those kind of situations in the first place.

And maybe training is what is most basically needed. The public needs a strategy for confronting these mobs to protect themselves and their property. Just sitting back and calling the police obviously isn't enough. There are other weapons that can be brought to bear, like immediately available heavy objects. Mace is always a good one and vulnerable businesses should always have a supply on hand capable of dealing with mobs.