View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 07:01 AM

The action of the police is exactly why there needs to be a legal fund.

The opposition has sued everyone into submission, why not join the bandwagon and have civil rights enforced for everyone? The officer's invocation of PC 415 was clearly a stretch:

Quote:
415. Any of the following persons shall be punished by imprisonment
in the county jail for a period of not more than 90 days, a fine of
not more than four hundred dollars ($400), or both such imprisonment
and fine:

(1) Any person who unlawfully fights in a public place or
challenges another person in a public place to fight.

(2) Any person who maliciously and willfully disturbs another
person by loud and unreasonable noise.

(3) Any person who uses offensive words in a public place which
are inherently likely to provoke an immediate violent reaction.
Of course, it would help if there are some numbers.

Quote:
This is some of what we had when we were in the Streets here in So Cal. We could not set a foot off the side walk and the Animals could yell any thing at us....and they did .Now will some one tell I cannot call some one an Animal?
A person can be an animal by virtue of behavior. I might refer to people who yelled obscenities and insults, spat, and beat on women exercising first amendment rights in So Cal racist assholes rather than animals.

However, if a person is referred to as an animal or an asshole by virtue of skin color rather than behavior, or judges all by the behavior of some, that's an entirely different thing. It can be done and is done all the time on both sides concerning illegal immigration, but it's clearly wrong and harms the cause of addressing illegal immigration on our side by distracting from the real issue - the issue becomes race rather than illegal immigration. And, groundless allegation of racism often works. Why give "them" ammunition to shoot you out of the saddle?

Quote:
I'd love to organize some street level activism, but who would show up? Ask yourself that. If anyone would actually step up and dedicate some volunteered time, and actually follow through with it, I'd work on a rally or protest. But it's the follow though that I wonder if it will happen. Just saying isn't preforming.
This is the absolute truth. I sometimes question my own presence here. I've been to a minimum of rallies under the old SOS, and if I do attend any I won't do it under my screen name or refer to it on the board as having attended - I don't want to be identified.

Other than the camera I donated and infrequent attendance, my "contribution" to SOS has been on the screen. I'm involved with other things in the political realm, as I view it Illegal immigration will require a political solution. Anyhow, that's how the opposition got to the point of hypocritical power they have attained; almost fifty years of relentless political activity.

I do believe in SOS, and I do greatly appreciate Davi and Jean.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 06-18-2011 at 11:28 AM.