View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
This is the worst year for an election I have ever seen. In the last two days the adds on TV have been terrible and the candidates are terrible, we may as not have an election. I wonder how many millions of dollars have been spent on the elections.
Quote:
The candidates are spending lots of money to be able to pour slime and dish crap out about their opponents. I have not heard any of them tell us what changes or solutions they have in mind to better us. I guess it doesn't matter anyway - they would all be broken promises, I am sure. Just like Obama.
I don't pay attention to the adds, I figure they are venom from a two headed snake attacking itself.

Quote:
Is there any evidence that Whitman wouldn't have done the same thing?
Quote:
Yes.

"Jerry Brown and I couldn't disagree more on this issue.
Whitman had a different pander mode in her Spanish pitches than she did in her English speeches.

Spanish language rag La Opinion was on Whitman like a wet blanket for being two faced over the Mexican maid and immigration. While I didn't pay much attention to Spanish language media reaction while she was previously soft peddling her immigration stance in Spanish ( I read some of her Spanish pitches), I'm sure they hammered her about being two faced in that regard as well.

I sent in my absentee ballot yesterday, so I'm ignoring the noise until the results come in.

Whatever the results, I figure that if Whitman becomes gooberner, her best results will be likened to Schwarzenegger with a belated realization that the goobernatorial office is nothing like being an autocratic CEO, she will merely be a clog in Sacramento's legislative toilet.

If Brown gets in - even though he is vastly more qualified to be gooberner than Whitman - I believe we're all f***** -> even those who now benefit from the something for nothing trough in the California feed lot.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 10-22-2010 at 07:19 AM.