View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 05:56 AM

Default Reply:

USA

First things first. I'm still banned on your website under my user name wetibbe and password of the time.

It was Irish Kate who banned me 3 - 4 years ago. I plundered around and found some of your old posts apparently back a year or 2 lamenting that Kate had left. Is she gone ? If so what sense is there of my continuing ban if the person who threw a hussy fit over a joke, that she wasn't even involved in, isn't there any more ?

FYI I'm on your site now under two different user names and different passwords and E-mail addresses. I registered just to make a point. However, I have never posted anything there under those names for two reasons. First I do not use pseudonyms. And Second I do not use subterfuge.

I'm also on Gheens website under other names but will not post there either.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >

Now to the straw pole and political candidates.

The Iowa straw poll is essentially a worthless joke promoted by the media and particularly by Fox news. The results are basically worthless in the grand scheme of things.

Michelle Bachmann: She's a conservative female that I appreciate more than Nancy Pelosi for example. But she isn't qualified to occupy the oval office and deal with global threats and international politics.

Ron Paul: I know that he has some big fans here. He has some really good opinions but also some that are squirreley. He's unelectable.

Tom Pawlenty: Dropped out this morning.

Mitt Romney. Presently my choice. He won't participate in straw polls. That's one reason that the straw poll results are worthless. Romney has some relatives all over Mexico. He made some mistakes as Governor of Massachusetts However:

I can't depend on any of these candidates to actually implement their campaign promises after being elected. They all renege - both parties.

Former New York City Mayor Ed Koch said if there are 12 points to a candidates positions and you agree with 9 go for it.

None are perfect. Unfortunately we must also factor in their appeal to a base broad enough to get elected. Take Sarah Palin. I like most of what she says but she doesn't have a chance. Ron Paul - no chance at all for ever getting elected.

Some of these candidates are very savvy. They will shape their position to the people who they are addressing then reshape it elsewhere to fit the crowds mood and liking. Bill Clinton was a great example. He would say anything he thought the crowd wanted to hear then flip flop on the next crowd.

Usually the elected President of either party starts off big and popular but by the end of 8 years the people hate him.

That's American politics. It stinks but it is the best system going. It sure beats the Monarchy, Kings, Queens, dictators, tyrants, Saddam Hussein, Joseph Stalin, Moammar Gaddafi, Syria's Assad, Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Korea's nut job Kim Jong Il, Chinas Ho Jintao, Iran's lunatic Ahmedenijad, and the Muslim clerics, the Taliban and yes even Mexico Vicente Fox, and Felipe Calderon

Last edited by wetibbe; 08-14-2011 at 06:06 AM.