View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 07:49 AM

You are wrong about hospitals going under due to illegals.

To begin with, there is a ton of built in profit to hospitals (ever hear of the $10.00 aspirin?). The hospitals are further recompensed through the tax base with "indigent care" funds, this offsets the loss from those who cannot pay. The only way for a hospital to go under is through really, REALLY bad management, blaming illegals may be a dodge for administrators to eventually be hired elsewhere after the medical ponzi scheme unravels.

Our local hospital bilked the taxpayers concerning the emergency room, said that if a special parcel tax benefiting the emergency room wasn't passed the ER doors would be shut (they resorted to fear mongering propaganda and the measure was passed). In the meantime, and ongoing today, there has been massive construction and reconstruction going on the hospital grounds while emergency room funds have been diverted for other purposes during the whole several year long project.

Not too long ago, I was billed almost $700.00 for an urgent care facility test (basic metabolic panel), which I subsequently (by another provider down the street) had a follow up test done for $28.00 (I was originally billed at $78.00 by the second provider), and later found I could have had it done across the street for $24.00 cash money. Still later I found that the base cost of that test, excluding low paid technician labor, is only THREE frickin' dollars.

I can go on with countless personal examples of how providers and insurance seem to, blindfolded, throw darts at a board marked with numbers to arrive at "negotiated" fees (of which I pay 20% after a yearly deductible), but however much it comes out to be both medical providers and insurance companies make obscene profit on patient necessity. The only difference in that regard is how much of the patient's money either entity gets to keep.

Obamacare, being an insurance bill, does little to nothing to solve that problem, and ensures that the insurance companies make out like bandits.

The illegals may take advantage of free care in the emergency room, but they are not causing the failure of health care, and Obamacare is not going to do anything either way concerning illegals and their impact concerning the cost of health care.

Consider that a low cost General Physician concierge clinic plan, with a patient load limit of 500 patients instead of the something like (as I understand it) 2500 to 3500 patients per physician in most facilities, including unlimited visits and regardless of income (no insurance billing games, no deductibles), might cost a family of four less than $100.00 a month for basic medical care (catastrophic care is another case requiring an insurance policy with treatment elsewhere). Again, as I understand it, Obamacare for that same family earning less than $50k a year can be as high as $750.00 a month with individual yearly deductibles as high as four to six thousand dollars for that same family.

If these differences are anywhere near ballpark accurate, Obamacare is no bargain - and again, the illegals aren't the problem.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 10-03-2013 at 08:44 PM.