Thread: Keyboard Action
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 04:10 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
an update on this:

I've made the same requests to the City of Los Angeles, and the County of Los Angeles. Thus far, the county has at least recognized the request. The City has not. I'll be updating as the time periods expire or the requests are honored.
Alrighty then!

The County believes that the information we seek is exempt. However, the two exemptions they cited do not apply to part of my request, and the other exemption was based upon the California constitution, section 1, article 1. Basically:

Quote:
SECTION 1. All people are by nature free and independent and have
inalienable rights. Among these are enjoying and defending life and
liberty, acquiring, possessing, and protecting property, and pursuing
and obtaining safety, happiness, and privacy.
We are not asking for any private information though. We don't want their home addresses, phone numbers or any other private info like that. Since they are or are not working for the county or contracting with them, i believe we are entitled to their names, and the names of their DBA's or company names. Now you may all remember that the sac bee published the names and salaries of all state employees recently. If the state couldn't withhold that, I'm sure we are on solid ground in obtaining what we want.
I also believe where there is smoke..., and I think the county is showing some smoke right now
Onward we go....