View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 06:13 AM
Love One Another.

Thanks so much to all who were able to attend! It sounds like it was a wonderful turnout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
Tonight was great! It was standing room only in the Santa Clarita City Council chambers. People packed in to voice support of the embattled councilman, and to decry the ills of illegal immigration.

Jean is right. The alleged "racist" enjoyed the support of at least 85% of the crowd - a whole lotta long-time Santa Clarita residents and anti-illegal immigration types.

As corny as this may sound, I felt very proud to be a member of Save Our State tonight. I was expecting two or three other SOS types to show up. Jean, maybe Glory, etc. Instead, loads of people who attended the Santa Clarita function we had about 10 days ago were in attendance. It's as if we shared a common sense of outrage at the fact that this gentleman was enduring the slings and arrows of outrageous accusations for giving a heartfelt speech that gave voice to the frustration so many Californians feel about having to marinate in illegal immigrants and their offspring.

We really did the right thing. We swarmed around this guy and gave him all the support and praise we could muster. I get the impression the other council members were a bit taken aback by our passion and numbers.

Tonight was a good night to count yourself as an SOS member. We did the right thing (in the midst of crappy rainy weather, too!)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A link where video can be found (I'll have more up tomorrow):

http://members4.boardhost.com/Derail...264578970.html