View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
I believe what is being pointed to is the reconquestas are protesting because they want all sports to become involved in their reconquest. Sports today are not about the sport anymore, its become a vicarious way to feel power transferred from a sports team. That's why gangs identify with them. The sport itself is a commercial enterprise. Real love for the games are played where money isn't exchanged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMyOwn View Post
This has got to be one of the nuttiest posts I've ever seen.

Really. . . seriously. . . you're giving way too much credit to the fringe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
I didn't give anyone credit. I have no idea what you are referring to. I wasn't implying that they would get anywhere with what they were doing. It seamed the your post was confused as to who was protesting who and why. Actually I don't care what happens in sports, they bore me.

I'm not a sports fan of any sorts. Today most are a cross between the Olympics and Roman sacrifice.
Jeanfromfillmore, you really nailed it that time. Field sports as they exist under our Roman occupation are a waste of time. Yes, that is why the gangs love professional teams and players and identify with them so much.

I'll go even further and say that professional sports are fake competition, just like big time wrestling. It's all sucked up in chasing records, boosting ratings and selling crap.

Have you ever seen Little League Baseball? It's an expensive kiddie parade where the first job is to dignify the conspicuous consumption of professional sports. The tiny little uniforms, the immaculate fields perfectly scaled down and all the technical adornments, it's all pretty weird. Somewhere the kids are supposed to be having fun, but the adults are the ones showing the most excitement.