View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 10:07 PM
SOS Associate

Default First Sign Of Weakening Superior Court Here In Sac

The Sacramento Superior Court was one of the first and few of the statewide courts to be used as a testing ground for a statewide system. We had a state of the art computer access for filing, checking rulings, and accessing records. The legislature has pulled the funding and scrapped the program, but this one was already in use so it continued. Continued until the latest budget cuts anyway. The foundation is starting to show its' wobbly legs now. The staff is falling behind in uploading court filings by leaps and bounds now. We used to see 20 or more new civil cases filed each day. Now, the court won't accept new case filings at the counter unless they are for writs, petitions or law and motion for existing cases. The majority of new cases have to be "dropped off in a slot" and they get opened when they have time I guess. anyway, now the court website only shows 1 to 6 new filings a day. and when I tried to get to the bottom of how it was going to be, they just told me they aren't sure.

The courthouse is absorbed in criminal stuff now, and the DA is claiming poverty so as to only prosecute the winnable murders, rapes, hate crimes (of course) and severe assaults.

Woe is us. When the courts start showing the strain like this, we're in for it as soon as the criminals figure out the gatekeeper only works part time