View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 08:22 AM
"SZinWestLA"

As I've had a chance to sleep on it, I realized that the things that had crossed my mind earlier in the week about what could go wrong at our event, didn't.

A. The goons were largely ignored. No one really gave them much consideration. Nothing transpired that required a body armor bedecked referee.

B. The speeches were well received. What had crossed my mind was that, with so many speakers, the last few would be addressing a thinned out crowd that had grown tired of listening, particularly if the earlier speakers ran long (which many did). That didn't happen. Everybody who approached the mike was given considerable attention by a crowd that didn't disperse early.

C. SOS pamphlets to be distributed at the event would be filled with spelling and grammatical errors. That was not the case.

D. Tony and Dennis would show up at the same location and bloodshed would ensue. CalifNative did indeed put in appearance but AmericanPatriot77 was absent. And no, the former caused no problems whatsoever, which is pretty much his M.O. Mr. Pariah is usually no trouble so long as he is deprived of an internet connection.

E. The weather was great. There wasn't a cloud in the sky.

All in all, Jean and Co. hit the ball out of the park with this one. We had a much larger turnout that I had anticipated, and the attendees were into it!