View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 03:51 PM

Default Recapping the day.

What a day, I am exhausted from this whole week!

We were betrayed terribly!

Not one Democrat crossed party lines and stood against the amnesty, yet 15 Republicans crossed over.

Talk radio also was largely MIA.

This week I got up earl and started calling Senators from 5:30-8:30 every day this week and emailing for 2 to 3 hours in the evening.

We didn't crash the phone lines today, but we did overload them. and several times on 8:05 and 8:18 the capitol switchboard was closed and just said "All circuits are busy".

We flooded their phone lines yet they refused to listen.

I just requested a meeting with my congressman, Buck McKeon, I'll let you know if I get a meeting.

I'm exhausted, but I am happy that I gave it my all. I don't think there was any way through our words or by the call volume that would have kept the Senate from betraying the Nation. I guess I could have just ignored the whole thing, and have had the same out come, but I'm glad I gave it my all and hopefully it sent a strong message to keep it dead in the House of Representatives.
I guess the drive for amnesty from the cheap labor lobby and LaRaza type groups will never fully die.
We were not successful in defeating the bill. but hopefully many of the Senators that betrayed us will have to face some blow back in their home states.
It's a good feeling to stand and fight and make it hard for your enemy.

Last edited by Greg in LA; 06-27-2013 at 05:24 PM.