View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
I generally don't agree with the Pee-Yoo Hispanic Center, and I further believe Olson is biased due to his slanted education. Yet I placed this here as food for thought and I do believe there are elements in it which are correct.

I've caught myself using the word "American" when I meant "white" and "white" when I meant to say "American"

I believe this to be more true than not.

For many, true.

There are degrees of Mexicanization. I believe Mexicanization of adults having Mexican parents and who grew up in America is greater in places where there is itinerant labor and the kids are shuffled around, sometimes returning to Mexico in the middle of the school year for a couple of months or so. I've seen it in those areas with adults who barely speak English or have heavily accented English. I've seen it mostly in agricultural areas, and some who grew up in heavily Mexicanized metropolitan areas. And these people still won't be recognized as "Mexican" by Mexican nationals, except in the racial sense. And many Mexicans will disapprove of their (imperceptable to us) lack of "Mexicaness". Think of Villaraigosa going to Mexico trying to prove to Mexicans that he's not pocho, the only reason they'll talk to him is because they perceive something to gain.

However, while not a scientific survey and it's only been a month, I have recently gone out of my way to take every opportunity to listen to junior high and high school Brown kids in Van Nuys (where white is definitely a minority), and was surprised to hear most of them doing their thing amongst each other in English. I've heard more Spanglish in San Bernardino.

On the other hand, I have noticed quite a few Mexican Nationals who speak a sufficient degree of English to conduct business try to get the white English speaker to speak Spanish, or have the Mexican National accompanying the English speaker or a child relay and conduct the business between them. It's pissed me off on several occasions at the way it was done, no respect.

On the other hand, something which blew me away was one occasion I witnessed school kids doing their homework while speaking English in their Mexican parent's small business, and the parents weren't fluent in English by any means. It's my belief that most Mexican parents tell their children to speak Spanish in the home and around them. I've only seen this before in Asian businesses.

Since the 60's, it's been a race based numbers game. Affirmative Action. Scholarships. Representation. Voting. The open borders people are counting on prejudicing those who can vote, hire, or do anything else beneficial for another person. 42% of people 16 to 25 in California are brown and the majority of those who are citizens will be eligible to vote in two years.

And the number is going to be bigger five years down the road.

I believe that many who are not the immediate descendants of illegal immigrants do not have sympathy for illegal migration - illegals beat them out of work just like they do white people. But the open borders crowd harp non stop about real, imagined, or invented "white racism" in order to turn whites into dehumanized oppressors of brown people.

So, my conclusion is that if the stand against illegal immigration is actually or widely perceived to be a stand concerning race rather than willful illegality, the battle is over. We can rightfully bitch about bullshit political correctness all we want, but it's not going to make any difference if we shovel ammunition to our enemies.

For what it's worth.
You make so much sense, and I agree wholeheartedly.

Just Monday I was at a house getting some applications completed where the mother who was about 8 months pregnant and her two older sons were there to interpret. I tried to tell her the process would take about two months, but instead of saying months I said 'more' is Spanish because they both are similar sounding. One of the sons corrected me, to which I replied that I didn't really care I'm an American and I don't speak Spanish. He then told me I should because there are so many who do living here. I then told him that if I were to move to Mexico or Spain I would learn Spanish, but I don't plan on moving there.

I might also add that this family had both parents and were getting Medical, foodstamps and WIC. This doesn't include the $2,000 a month in education the taxpayers are paying already to educate the two they already had. If they couldn't get by with having two kids, why did they feel it was ok to have another.

How many people have you talked to who have said, we can't afford to have any more kids, and so they don't. That's what's called being responsible for your actions, and caring about what you do.