View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 09:34 PM
SOS Associate

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving to all. I won't be commuting anywhere...thankfully....So all my effort will go into sampling all the good meats and sleeping it off after. My daughter brought home a boyfriend this thanksgiving......from France. He's had a hell of a commute. At least he isn't speaking S-Pan-Yol

Looks like we might be in for some tough times ahead. I'm speaking collectively, as in all of us here, so stock up, dig in, and prepare to fight a protracted battle in the year ahead. But take time tomorrow to relax, and reflect on the hardships those first pilgrims endured getting here, and surviving after arrival. From what I've read, those hearty, determined souls braved seasickness and poor food for over two months on an old creaking ship assembled with hand forged fasteners and no liferafts. And on the way, they hammered out the Magna Carta, a document that would help them govern themselves. Those were self-reliant, independent people. But freedom and independence require that type of mettle. I'm sure glad they took the plunge. For that I'm very thankful

Take a few pictures of your bounty tomorrow and post them here so everyone can see your harvest. We don't do enough pictures here anymore