View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Continent Thief

Default No-brainer: Anchor babies are not citizens!

I don't know why people still don't get this. The 14th Amendment states "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

What's not clear about the phrase "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof"?

The very author of the citizenship clause, Sen. Jacob Howard of Michigan, expressly said: "This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers." (quoted from the article linked below). If these children are not counted as citizens by virtue of their not being subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, then how could the children of illegal aliens be? Yet the talking heads, even some I heard on Fox News yesterday, are still insisting this is settled law which can only be changed by a constitutional amendment, to which I say BS!

Ann Coulter is clearly one who gets it:
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=187785

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."