View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 02:55 PM

That is a noble sentiment and a nice looking website too.

Unfortunately, I don't believe that the labor market is at all what drives illegal immigration and immigration in general. I firmly believe that the global economy has been engineered to create jobs for people who can't really do anything and that these jobs will never be allowed to anyone who is a citizen or descended from one.

Leaf blowers. Have you ever seen the idiots running these things? I swear, I've seen three guys with leaf blowers trying to chase about a half pound of debris out of a parking lot on a windy day. And they'll do the same thing every week. I've seen a guy with a leaf blower using it on a garden bed. Apparently the people who hire these slobbering morons want them to do the job they are doing. There is plenty of oversight.

How many times have you seen city contractors ripping up a piece of street every two years or less. They don't look like citizens to me and I don't just mean hispanics. This is all make-work that we don't or shouldn't need in order to hire people we don't need either.

The less visible part of it is our computers and especially software. Most people are consuming enough software now to look at the way some of it works and wonder, "What the heck? I don't have to be Bill Gates to figure out this stuff shouldn't work this way." High tech visas. Thanks a lot.

You know, if illegal immigrants were making this country a better place, I might be a little more tolerant about them being here. But they aren't and the jobs they are doing don't make the country a better place either. I say get rid of them and get rid of their useless jobs too.