View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 08:38 PM

I was initially sympathetic to these people.

If you look closer at who they are and what they are saying, this is what I see: Young liberals who are upset at the people that they elected, which is that Obama and the Dems. didn't prosocute any of the Wall St. Titans that got our country into this ecenomic mess. Obama increased the bail-outs to the too big to fail that Bush started, and Obama hasn't made any real regulation changes to the financial system.

You can sense some frustration from these people at Obama, but it seems that most just blame the rich, or the Republicans for stopping any of the necessary changes.

It also seems that many of these people are students and they are upset about the debt that they are in because of the high tuition costs. Yet they don't see the connection between the ever increasing tuition prices and the government involvment in the insuring and supplying student loans, and the universities that take advantage of this situation.

What is interesting to me is that these people are angry at liberal government for not fixing the system, yet they think more liberalism is the answer . Even though Democratic politicians had total and unstoppable power in Washington for two full years, and controlled congress for 4 years, they would still rather blame Republicans, who were completely out of power in 09-10..

It seems to me that Obama rules this country just like Bush. Obama continued the Bush bail-outs, Obama continued the Bush wars, Obama pushes amnesty and high immigration rates just like Bush.

These people wanted change but instead they got more of the same. Yet they don't blame their own politicians.