View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
Seems that everyone thinks the US is the only one doing or collecting money for Haiti. If that is what you think then you are so wrong. There are many countries who are stepping up. I even heard about something Cuba is doing and I don't consider it to be a wealthy island, just one that does care about other human beings suffering from a natural disaster.
Oh I am so well in tune with this thing. Believe me I know that everyone is over there helping. That is an admirable thing. I am glad that our country is helping also but I do not want our effort to be disproportionate. I do not want to see thousands of refugees brought in anymore. I've already lived through all of it and I have no desire to see the further erosion of this nation. Help them as we can within our means and keep them there. That is their home anyway.

As far as Cuba is concerned they have even less than we do here but it is always a contest between rival nations competing for recognition.

The Haitians have to get it together themselves with a little help from their friends.