View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
This is one of the negative issues that accompanies our current immigration woes. There are many good immigrants from countries like India, but the US imports so many period, that they become overshadowed and infected by the distaste that is quite obviously growing within the American citizen and American worker class. I think we would not be exhibiting the level of hostility towards people from other countries had we not been led down this path by current levels of immigration and certainly illegal immigration. It is the system that is causing the backlash, and not the individuals who oppose it. But we need to struggle to keep the right villains in the crosshairs of our fight, because as we can see, the architects of the scheme have been somewhat successful at directing our anger at other countries and their emigres
I think you are missing my point about the "high tech" immigrants. Part of the corruption of our immigration system are the so-called "good" legal immigrants that are said to have been necessary for development in the high tech industries. There are no such "good" immigrants. They have merely taken up space and squatted on the opportunities of people who were already here before they got here. And, by the way, how did they get here? They didn't get here because of any achievements. What were they doing here? What kind of program got them here at all?

We didn't need them. We don't need them and as a basic issue confronting the roots of illegal immigration, we need to topple the myth of the contributions of "high tech immigrants". They displaced productive US citizens in the economy as surely as any "poorly educated peasants" emptying accross the borders illegally.