View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 11:18 AM

I'm surprised I missed this thread.

I'm only going to post on this once, and I don't have time for running endless arguments anymore.

I'm in favor of backyard growing only, no commercial production at all.

Trafficking, smuggling, and large scale possession off one's immediate premises should have much larger consequences than they do now. And the plants should match possession. 200 lbs from two plants? Go to jail for a long, long time.

The cartels will only take their massive profits to buy into and dominate the legalized and taxed marijuana business. It will just be a case of reduced profit, albeit a much less risky profit. And, they will have a laundering and logistic base for their other illicit enterprises (including sex slavery) - which won't reduce the killing.

There will be no reduction in consumption of pot, no matter how many laws we pass to criminalize the practice, so we must do what's practical to hurt the cartels, stop the killing, and save our forests.

Pot was in the schools in the 60's and seventies. As well, locally, the man I knew who most consistently had the very best "Christmas tree" pot in town for personal use about fifteen years ago was a junior high school janitor WHO BOUGHT IT FROM KIDS ON THE CAMPUS WHERE HE WORKED

I'm not going suggest how anyone should vote concerning pot laws except that they should follow their own convictions and consiounce

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 08-14-2010 at 11:22 AM.