View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Bunny View Post
Is that Lumpia, or egg rolls?

Nice spread of food...looks great!

A week, or so back I saw a flyer on the local bulletin board about a free Thanksgiving dinner for The lower-income, and single/retired Folks, and it had a phone # on it, so I took it down, and when I got home, I called to vollunteer help cook. (being a Chef..of sorts for 3 decades)

I got there at 4am and We cooked-off about 36 birds in a wood smoker, and did alot of prep, but once being in a few Supervisor positions Myself, I caught in the corner of My eye the Main-Man seriously watching my knive skills, and hand washing, and everything I would do with a new Employee, if I were a Chef.

Around noon He told Me to take a break, and take the dog for a good walk, and come back with an empty stomach...
Had a wonderfull meal, got to meet alot of good Folks, and when I was leaving, the"Boss" told Me "call me monday, I have work for You, and know of a few places looking for Someone with Your skills"...that really made My year hearing that, after almost 4 years of trying to find work in ANY kitchen in a sanctuary county...(good luck)
Since I've been gone from this area, over half of the bussinesses have closed, and so go-along the eateries, so finding any place hiring, is rare, so this was truly a GREAT Thanksgiving for Me.

On a side note: my dog loves eating weird food, crazy about garlic, melon, bananas, and all the things You'd never expect a dog to like, but I've never seen dog "wolf"-down Waldorf salad, and broccoli that I brought home.

Hope All had a nice Thanksgiving!

CB.
Oh, I am soooooo happy for you. Many of us know how it feels to be out of work while there are others working with half the skills. Hope it works out for you.

AG I'm jealous. I was invited to some friends house for Turkey, it was traditional and quite good. But that spread of yours would have come in first if there had been a competition.

I really like that roasting pan you cooked the bird. I have a thing for professional cookware. Please will it to me, please. Don't tell you wife though. It can be our little secret. Oh, and that mixer, throw that in the mix too.