View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 08:32 PM

Thanks Army Mom, I posted it twice and I did finally get one like, from my Cuban friend that is a fairly loyal Democrat. She's the only one of my extended friends and relatives that was brave enough to put a name next to her like.
My mom did call me and let me know that she understood what I was doing.

She reminded me that when my Dad immigrated to the US in 1964 he needed FBI clearances from every country that he had lived in or visited. In my Fathers case that was 7 countries. To get those clearances he had to contact the police departments of every city he resided in or visited and provide official documents and police records from those countries to the FBI, to show the FBI that he had never been arrested and wasn't wanted for any crimes anywhere.
My Father would point out to me that in the United states at that time , not only was it the law to keep out criminals, they also meant it.
He would also let me know that there is a difference.

She also pointed out that even though my father was married to an American, My Father had to show proof of employment and my Moms Father had to sign an affidavit that he would financially support my father if he lost his job. At that time the Federal Government was serious about protecting the tax payers.
I should also mention that my Father was a Fulbright scholar.

This should show you the drastic change that occurred in immigration policy and screening after Ted Kennedy's 1965 immigration act.

Last edited by Greg in LA; 04-24-2013 at 08:47 PM.