View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 04:18 AM

Default Sorry Guys -----

I'm sticking with Glenn Spencer.

My interpretation of his opinion isn't dis-ing the unemployed, it is rather some attempt to offer beneficial advice. Of course I may have a different interpretation but I do see merit to his comments that do apply to - "SOME" - unemployed if not all.

I'm prolonging this thread because I think it is very important. On a personal basis I have two grandsons now in their early 20's who are struggling massively to survive. And a Granddaughter who just graduated from SUNY State University of New York, Binghamton, made the Deans list, had a 3.7 average and THREE major degrees simultaneously. She wants to go on to law school but is now trying to work to earn some money and she is having a hard time. She is presently employed by her father, my son, in one of his enterprises, and living a home.

Since I understand so well the trials and tribulations of seeking and securing a suitable job, I want to try and help somewhat. Here is one of MANY websites offering help and advice including developing a resume.

http://www.how-to-write-a-resume.org/

A good resume, letters of recommendation from former employers and intelligent interviews are vital.

The applicant can't go to an interview looking like some hippie, with an Apache hair cut, covered with tattoos, earrings and lip rings using Ebonics and bad grammar.

The job seeker may not find something that is in his/her field and that may seem menial and undesirable. But take it from me from fist hand experience, I have tried to help others and their attitudes were, to say the least, disappointing, indolent, lackluster, lazy, indifferent and lacking in strong motivation. The long term results were a disaster personally for those that I knew. They simply did not have the mental capacity nor motivation to succeed.