View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 11:59 AM

Trump: I Sent Private Eyes to Hawaii to Check Obama
https://mail.google.com/a/wildblue.n...f316b11cb46513

Donald Trump says he has “real doubts” about President Barack Obama’s birthplace and has sent investigators to Hawaii to find out whether Obama was in fact born there, as he claims.

During an interview with NBC’s “Today” show on Thursday, the real estate billionaire said his investigators might uncover “one of the greatest cons in the history of politics and beyond.”

“I have people that have been studying it and they cannot believe what they’re finding.”

NBC’s Meredith Vieira asked: "You have people now out there searching — I mean, in Hawaii?"

Trump responded: “Absolutely.”

The host of “The Apprentice,” who is considering a run for president in 2012, suggested that Obama is engaged in a cover-up regarding his birthplace.

“He spent $2 million in legal fees trying to get away from this issue, and if it weren’t an issue, why wouldn’t he just solve it?

“I wish he would, because if he doesn’t it’s one of the greatest scams in the history of politics and in history, period.

“You are not allowed to be a president if you’re not born in this country. Right now, I have real doubts.”

In 2008, the Obama campaign produced a certificate of live birth that reports his birthplace as Honolulu, Hawaii. The Hawaii government says that document is official evidence of his birth in the state.

Also, notices announcing his birth appeared in two Hawaiian newspapers in 1961.