View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 09:58 AM

"Trump creeps me out with that statement combined with "to the victor belongs the spoils", he sounds like Hitler without the shouting before Adolph seized power - when the German people were squeezed and humiliated by defeat and war reparations during the depression."

We should have enough oil extraction capability of our own oil to hold down prices while seeking out cost effective alternative energies with the Energy infrastructure in place first before discontinuing oil usage - not shoveling our wealth to countries which hate us nor mug other nations for their oil a la WWII Japan."

Ilbegone I agree with you completely. I likewise was troubled by Trump's statement that he would seize the oilfields. Perhaps he bases his statement based on knowledge that if we are denied Middle eastern oil we may have an economic catastrophe on our hands with 12 dollar a gallon gasoline.

The blame for not being energy independent is our country's fault, not the Arabs.

I would love to pull out of the Middle east and never buy a drop of oil from them.

It is a terrible thing to have someone admit that we have to subjugate another nation and invade them for oil. It just does not play well with me.

We have smart people who are capable of getting record oil production going asap. The problem in this area is our government.

On the issue of war I do not believe in these "police action" limited intensity conflict scenarios.

As others have said war is about vanquishing your opponent. It is about destroying the enemy's war capability and their will to wage war.

We are currently engaged in insincere "wars" in the Middle East that
we are not allowed to win.

I would like to bring all of our troops out of there now with a promise to the Arabs that whomever of them harms the USA will be assured oblivion....not this pussified "war-non war" that we have thus far waged.

Our involvement in The Middle East should have been to annihilate
the training grounds and persons involved in 9-11.

The entire Afghanistan campaign should have lasted a few weeks at most with the complete return of our troops back to strategic areas that can assure swift deployment for a lethal strike if needed.

Instead we in the USA argue about a Mosque being built on the site of the
9-11 atrocity. We also have no shortage of Arabs / Muslims allowed into the country. Mosques have blossomed all over the USA and the Imams are politically active.

Iraq was George Bush's gift to his father whom had been a target of Sadam Husein's. That war, like the illegal alien invasion of the USA that Bush is in favor of has caused the deaths of thousands of our countrymen.

In addition I believe that it is possible to have OPEC bring down the price of the barrel to the point that we could be back at $1.50-$2.00 a gallon until we can get our own production up (hopefully in a couple of years or less)
and never, ever depend on outside sources. we have enough shale oil and oil underground, I have read, to make this a possibility.

All that is needed is a real President of the USA with balls.

Last edited by Eagle1; 04-07-2011 at 10:04 AM.