View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 08:22 AM
SOS Associate

Default CCIR Revives Gilchrist MMP Battle

I'm not in the real loop here, but I've been reading emails and posts about CCIR holding an upcoming meeting about the Gilchrist/MinuteMan Project issue. They're leveling the same old charges about financial improprieties, but with an added twist that he/they are now behind TEAParty.org.

Honestly, I don't have a clue what inspired this latest revival, but it is coincident to the death of CCIR's Barbara Coe. I don't interact with Jim much, and he hasn't contacted me recently, so I'm just left wondering. I haven't seen or read anything about Jim or MMP in the media of late either.

I did read on Chelene Nightingale's Facebook page that she's still parading her court battle with Jim as some sort of vindication of her agenda at the time. I never saw it that way. Jim sued her for defamation, and the court ruled that he couldn't be defamed because he had run for public office and therefore was a public figure open to whatever defamatory statements people wanted to make. In any case, Chelene has also revived her attack on Jim/MMP

That's all I really know at present, but I'll restate that I a bit baffled as to why this is being conjured up at this time, other than any new charges that he is at the core of any chicanery at TeaParty.org. I don't know anything about TeaParty.org either. Not now anyway