View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 03:02 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Glory View Post
That is a great idea. A lot of people are totally unaware of how many innocent men, women and children have died needlessly at the hands of illegal aliens.

Yesterday at the rally, pinned to my shirt were the picture buttons of Deputy David March and Jamiel Shaw, ll. As the March and Shaw’s gave their speeches, I went around the crowd showing the picture of each of their sons.

As I was talking with the Shaw family, and stumbling over my tongue trying to get my wording right and not just blurt out something insensitive (I usually just open mouth insert foot). Lucky for me Mr. Shaw new what I was talking about and basically finished my sentence for me. The jest of it was, when my son was in little league, the league had buttons made of each kid on the team, and never in my wildest imagination did I ever think that I would be wearing buttons for this purpose. Mr. Shaw stated “senseless killings”.

When I was talking with Mrs. March, her eyes filled with tears, seeing the picture of her son. She said, “I love seeing his picture and that he is remembered.” I told her my grandkids live in San Bernardino and every time going to and coming back on the 210 Freeway, I see the sign, “Deputy David March Memorial Freeway”. I mentioned that when anyone asks me about this button I tell them what happened and I make it a point to say, Armando Garcia was expedited back to the USA from Mexico, wearing David’s handcuffs.

There are no words to express the deepest sorrow, as there is nothing worse in the whole wide world than losing a child. I am in awe of the strength and courage of both of these families and other families that have lost love ones to tragic incidents like this that would not have happened if our government was securing our borders.
We can put something together up here in Sac to commemorate these people. There's a couple of places to do it: The State capitol, as I was going to do the Agent Rosas event before the weather turned dicey, and there's a strip of good size lawn in front of the federal buildings where ICE is on Capitol Mall leading to the capitol, and it passes right by the police officers memorial.