View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 06:02 AM

Quote:
We also need to find a way to punish big business for their support of illegals and immigration increases.
I have to go back to this.

If you're going to do this, you have to find a way to make the stock drop as well as successfully attack interlocking boards of directors, punish the stock holders. Stock holders generally don't care in the slightest about business ethics so long as the dividends keep rolling in. Conversely, if the flow stops those stock holders will be squealing like stuck pigs and the board of directors will dance to that unpleasant tune. The problem is shutting off the cash register without affecting employees, because the first to get wacked for bad bottom lines are low level employees. That sort of thing could backfire in a bad economy with high unemployment.

Quite some years ago, I worked for a multi billion dollar, international corporation. There was a labor dispute whereupon the company was attempting to force a health care plan on the employees which was designed to crash in about five years.

The problem was that there was little public sympathy for the employees since the business was a (heavily regulated) monopoly which without their product there would be no modern life, no economy. So, similar to the illegal alien problem, the monthly bill and the employees were the most visible to the public, not the board of directors, stockholders, and government regulation which went far beyond controlling parasitical profit taking.

In short, the public couldn't give a rat's ass about employees picketing in front of the business properties.

So, I began looking into the corporate structure, and it astounded me that the board of directors had their fingers in over 50 entities from defense contractors; utilities; real estate; land development; construction companies; airlines; banking; medical care and health insurance; to even a winery and much more. They all served on each other's board of directors.

These people were in a position to manipulate a large part of the economy by virtue of interlocking boards of directors, and only by by the slimmest of legal definition did they avoid conflict of interest because more than a few of the companies were competing businesses.

So my idea was to take it to the board of directors, to let the public know that these people were responsible for high utility rates, high taxes, being ripped off by financial institutions, and much more.

The idea was received, with some enthusiasm for picketing the other businesses (to let the public know the interconnectedness of big business), not so much for picketing at the homes of the directors. There was a lot falling apart in my life at that time, I'm not sure if any of it was done, I don't recall that anything along this line was done.

However, the company was buggered out of a big deal merger based on its past actions, the CEO was discredited and sacked.

And, after all these years, the tit for tat war still goes on.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 08-01-2014 at 11:00 AM.