View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 04:24 AM

Default Whoa - just a moment !

Be careful friends. Here's a story or two.

My Son just came back from Paris, France vacation. He says ALL menus are in English and French. Further practically all Frenchmen in the tourism business, boutiques, shops, restaurants, museums, tours, speaks English ! Paris was FULL of Americans and Asians.

When my wife and I went to Spain on vacation, Costa Brave, we started at the French border and proceeded South along the coast, stopping at every Town and Village. It's a huge tourist area. All of the restaurants along the boulevards paralleling the beach/sea shore had the menus in Spanish, French, English, German, Italian and Dutch. In some of the restaurants the apparent owner was also waiting tables. I was amazed that he would go from table to table and speak a different language at each one that had foreign tourists.

I would be a little bit careful about developing a strong prejudice against one particular language. There are lots of 2nd, 3rd, 4th generation Latino / Americans and legal residents too as well as lots of Hispanics very much against illegal immigration. *( However, I will surmise that the manager of the pizza place is probably a Latino/Hispanic or somehow connected ).

Pizza Patron Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizza_Patr%C3%B3n
Manager of Operations - Ernesto Hernandez !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about happy hour in bars and ladies night when the gals all get free drinks? Capitalists park their scruples at the door, not the cash register?

If there is someone to be mad at it is that slimy little weasel Luis Gutierrez, the Chicago Congressman who is promoting a back door amnesty with the present administration.

Last edited by wetibbe; 05-25-2012 at 04:53 AM.