View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 09:56 AM

To solve any of it the government has to be changed.

The world's on fire; Obama and Kerry live in a fantasy world, and whatever "the international community" is, it has neither respect nor trust for either one; our defacto border joins Colombia; inflation is rearing its ugly head; Obama is fluctuating between the roles of disconnected fundraiser and executive order, banana republic dictator; Harry Reid appears to be suffering from dementia; it seems Boehner is more interested in filing lawsuits than flexing whatever muscle the house has...

... and Congress is taking a 5 week vacation.

The list goes on and on...

And in the middle of all of this I get an email from Senator Boxer gushing that Obama signed her bill to make some memorial at March AFB into a national monument... and she probably does think that I will be piss my pants excited about that insignificant piece of do nothing legislation.

It is incomprehensibly insane.

I don't think term limits is the way to go (Willie Brown's legislative machine had to go, but term limits has destroyed the California legislature) but they all need to go.

If anyone thinks that any of the problems - including illegal immigration - are going to be solved without a major turn over in Washington, they are going to be perpetually disappointed.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 07-27-2014 at 10:28 AM.