View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
Whoever this Lawrence Gant is, I like his attitude. He actually has the courage to stand up to Chelene, which seems totally appropriate in light of her actions. This is really hard for me to say, as I used to consider her one of my best friends, but she has either lost her mind or she's always been nuts and I just couldn't see it before.
LAPhil don't feel like the lone stranger. I liked her very much also but probably spent more time than many with her as I used to pick her up and take her to rallies with me and such. After awhile I started noticing an aspect to her personality that she had managed to keep hidden though not entirely successfully. She was manipulative, bent on domination, willing to lie when it suited her agenda, humiliate others, and subjugate others to her whims which at times were made known in an imperial manner that made it clear that she was "it" and everybody else was nothing more than dirt beneath her feet. I was appalled when I came to grips with the reality of who she is versus who she promotes herself to be. She has some good qualities that are completely offset by her megalomaniac needs. I quietly separated myself from her after a number of embarrassing situations. This woman is a prime example of why we are in trouble in the USA. She is one of many whose personalities occupy public office. People like her, regardless of what comes out of their mouths, are the problem.