View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 02:05 PM

Sup. Molina, chair: Thank you, mr. Shaw. All right. We're going to stay with the one minute from this point on. Althea shaw followed by jessica corde. If i could have sydney stinnett join us as well as jim gilcrist. Ms. Shaw.

Althea shaw: My name is althea rae shaw i would ask for a little over with one minute.

Sup. Molina, chair: I'm going to ask you to stay within one minute if you could.

Althea shaw: I was wondering when they were talking about the impact release of inmates from state prison: Our supervisor walked out. I didn't even hear you ask one question. Everyone was asking questions. You went to sit down and it was like your social hour. We call your office, we are your constituents. You don't return calls. We can't get through. And then you want to -- they'll say okay, well send an email. That's not right.

I remember we talked to you before you were running for office and you said well i wouldn't want my son to be associated with something as controversial as special order 40, as if we do. And it's not right. And i believe that you guys are ignoring us. There's a way to get this on the agenda.

There's a way to talk about 287-g. There's a way to do something. But i don't believe it's right. A lot of you are saying well your case is in litigation. Well we were here in may 2008. We were not in litigation. But then it was over. Now we're investigating your case.

It's like you guys don't want to do right. And the most shocking thing for me through all of this is that we have judges giving probation and parole to criminal aliens and you guys don't want to do anything about that? That's no concern for you? Shouldn't that count? Public safety, you all said your mission is public safety.

If your mission is public safety, you guys are failing your mission. Because people are still dying on the streets. You said, ridley-thomas, well maybe i can do something with some kind of legislation. You did nothing. And you're still ignoring us. Why? Why are you ignoring us?

Sup. Molina, chair: Ms. Shaw, your time is up. Ms. Corde. Excuse me, miss shaw, ma'am, ma'am, miss shaw, miss shaw.

Althea shaw: And you wouldn't even let us ask questions, why?

Sup. Molina, chair: Miss shaw, miss shaw? Thank you. Miss corde?