View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 08:34 AM

Default A Funny Thing Happened In Glendale Friday Night

Last Friday (6/4/10) I stayed in Glendale to attend a book signing by Frank Pastore. After the event was over, I was heading home, via my cruiser bicycle, and had to stop by the bank. Now because of this errand I went a way that I normally do not go, since it is out of the way of my normal route. Anyway, as I was crossing Brand Blvd. this Armenian or Mexican guy enters the cross walk in front of me. I watch him in order to avoid hitting him with my bike. As he crosses on my left, he asks, "Why are you looking at me?" Then he throws a right hand directly into the side of my head. I drop my bike, and ask him what his problem was, and he steps into me, and delivers another blow to my nose.

Then he steps towards my bike, and I grab him and we tussle. Unfortunately, I did nothing other than bleed on him and all over that corner. Fortunately, a lady on the on the northwest corner of the intersection saw everything, called 911, and even went so far as to follow this guy.

Long story short, Glendale PD apprehended that guy. He admitted to the assault, and I ID'ed the guy. Now the question is whether or not the DA will prosecute. I think that the odds of that happening are good since the officers that took me to ID the perp stated that this guy had a no bail warrant for assaulting a peace officer.

Glendale PD has not posted their blotter as of this posting, so I do not know whether this guy is Armenian or Mexican.

So that's what happened, and that is why I am done with Southern California.