View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
I don't want to throw away our police and prosecutorial systems. I want them pried from the hands of the manipulative, fraudulent, corrupt people that have their hands on them so we can have better control again.
Amen.

My opinion, and mine only - no one else or any organization is responsible for my opinion:

I see things as having gotten out of control concerning the police and the courts since the late 80's, and it seems that the only tool left in the bag is at least attempted prosecution and incarceration for even the silliest police report sent to the DA. At least scare the hell out of naive people who don't know their rights and getting them to agree to some easy (for the DA) plea bargain so the DA can elevate his conviction rate on meritless cases.

Flat out it's corruption.

I don't believe the police have had so much power in my lifetime, there's little sense of humor anymore.

I do recognize and appreciate what one retired deputy told me, that all he did for all those years was deal with problems, and after a while he began to see everyone who wasn't wearing a badge as a problem - he had to get away from it.

The police, the court, prosecutors, defense attornies, correctional officers, politicians, all are riding the "law and order, lock 'em up and throw away the key" wave to the point of being out of control.

It needs to change.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.