View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
Genos Steaks. Philly Cheese steaks,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geno's_Steaks

He posted the sign in 2005. The Philadelphia Commissioner of Human Rights filed a complaint but later ruled that Joey didn't violate any-one's rights. But business did increase. Joey died in 2011.

Personally the sign didn't bother me although I thought that as a businessman it was a little bit ill advised.

Here's Joey with his sign. http://www.genosteaks.com/

Since I speak Spanish I can order a free pizza from the pizza joint !!!! Anyone else just grab a translation book or learn to speak the order. I'll help you.

Deseo una pizza.

Déme una pizza regular con queso y tomate.

ˇSea rápido - hijo de una puta!

Story Time !

Giuseppe came to America from Italy. Didn't speak a word of English. He went to a restaurant but couldn't read the menu. A fellow next to him ordered bean soup. When the waiter came to Giuseppe he said: " bean soup". After 3 weeks of bean soup daily Giuseppe decided that he needed to learn some more words. Fellow next to him ordered ham sandwich. Giuseppe's turn came and he said; " ham sandwich". The waiter said:" Do you want that on white or rye bread"? Poor Giuseppe, bewildered, replied - "bean soup".
"Hijo de puta" and not one "porfavor"

That's one way to not only get the saliva dressing, but get a real chingaso served up too. Might want to have your running shoes on.

One thing I learned real fast is to not use words I either didn't know or the cultural impact of your surroundings. Lots of Mexicans will try to get you to say disrespectful things that will get your ass kicked when you try it out elsewhere. I always verify something linguistically new.

Good story.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 05-26-2012 at 03:06 AM.