View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 06:31 AM
SOS Associate

(sigh) I guess no one listens to me...

I've been telling people for years that there's no point in trying to be anonymous. You cannot remain obscure to those who want to know, and those who don't, don't really matter. The future will hold even more sunshine. Actually it may be more like an X-ray. There's no stopping it. Satellites and cameras will be able to monitor huge swaths of public commerce. Devices within your homes or neighbors will have access to many of your daily routines. Granted some will be restricted, but since much of it will be in the hands of private companies, there's really very little to stop them from using it, and their use will allow some use by unintended sources. Information is like water once it starts to accumulate; it's not all that easy to contain, and it is my belief that the future generations will throw up their hands and not care. Your right to privacy will become moot by others' right to commerce, 1st amendment, etc. What is restricted here in the US may already be in use in Britian. British companies are already engaged in commerce here. They own our water company, and that means they have our financial info and more. Who can stop them from using the info if they are doing what they do in GB?

Chris is married to a Negro? My heavens....and they say white boys can't dance