Save Our State

Save Our State (http://www.saveourstate.info/index.php)
-   California Schools (http://www.saveourstate.info/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Mex ok, USA No (http://www.saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=1935)

Ole Glory 05-05-2010 09:17 PM

Mex ok, USA No

Since when do we send US students home for wearing the flag on a Mexican holiday? How about your two cents?

Live Oak School
Switchboard (408) 201-6100
Fax (408) 776-9097

P Nick Boden / Principal 40102 / Admin Email -
Nick.Boden@mhu.k12.ca.us

VP Miguel Rodriguez / Assistant Principal (M-Z) 40105 / Counseling Email
Miguel.Rodriguez@mhu.k12.ca.us
GilroyDispatch.com | Five Morgan Hill students sent home for wearing American flag T-shirts
http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/2...-flag-t-shirts

GilroyDispatch.com - Five Morgan Hill students sent home for wearing American flag T-shirts

Commander Bunny 05-05-2010 10:05 PM

"Freshman Laura Ponce shows off her Mexican pride as she wears a Mexican flag over her shoulders and wears facepaint Wednesday as she waits for school to get out at Live Oak."

Wow...the Parents should sue the School back to the stone-age..(although, looking at the students, They're pretty much half-way there), and have the Principal/Vice-Principal either canned, or severely reprimanded for Their actions.

I know that Their excuse for it was for the protection of the 5 Students, but it goes both ways, the Kids displaying Their "Mexican Pride" should have been told to wear their shirts inside-out, or change them, and not to be wearing a mexican flag....this story's so slanted, I almost fell out of my chair reading it.

Good comments though.

Brian@socalairshowreview 05-05-2010 11:37 PM

re: sending American kids home

What a surprise, the Asst Principal is Hispanic. Anyways I am completely disgusted and outraged by this. Just more proof that the Southwest is being handed back to mexico slowly by surely. Unbelievable! What's next? Laws against the Stars and Stripes being flown anywhere?

Thanks for posting all the contact info - everyone angered by this needs to speak out! I salute the kids for showing their patriotism. I don't understand why we are being forced to celebrate a holiday that has nothing to do with this country. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't CDM about a battle between mexican and Spanish forces in the mid 1800s?

Commander Bunny 05-05-2010 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian@socalairshowreview (Post 8801)
What a surprise, the Asst Principal is Hispanic. Anyways I am completely disgusted and outraged by this. Just more proof that the Southwest is being handed back to mexico slowly by surely. Unbelievable! What's next? Laws against the Stars and Stripes being flown anywhere?

Thanks for posting all the contact info - everyone angered by this needs to speak out! I salute the kids for showing their patriotism. I don't understand why we are being forced to celebrate a holiday that has nothing to do with this country. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't CDM about a battle between mexican and Spanish forces in the mid 1800s?

It was against the French at the battle of Puebla, as Mexico defaulted on it's loans, and France wanted it money.
The battle of Puebla only slowed-down France, as it took-over Mexico, and put Maximillian in as President.
Spain...They bailed in the early 1800's.

Rim05 05-06-2010 06:29 AM

Quote:

Since when do we send US students home for wearing the flag on a Mexican holiday? How about your two cents?

Live Oak School
Switchboard (408) 201-6100
Fax (408) 776-9097

P Nick Boden / Principal 40102 / Admin Email -
Nick.Boden@mhu.k12.ca.us

VP Miguel Rodriguez / Assistant Principal (M-Z) 40105 / Counseling Email
Miguel.Rodriguez@mhu.k12.ca.us
GilroyDispatch.com | Five Morgan Hill students sent home for wearing American flag T-shirts
http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/2...-flag-t-shirts

GilroyDispatch.com - Five Morgan Hill students sent home for wearing American flag T-shirts
You get US students sent home for wearing US tee shirts when everyone caters to the Hispanic hoard swarming into this country and 'very few US citizens' opposing it. I wonder what would have happened if the parents had donned a US tee and gone to see the Principal and asst. Principal. That is what it is going to take to stop this insanity. How about the US citizen parents purchase at least 5 US flag shirts (a school week wardrobe) and send the kids off to school. Parents get at least one to wear to pick the kids up if they are sent home.
These 5 students and parents can do nothing when they are out numbered by the principal and asst. principal plus many soft hearted fellow citizens.
I already have a wardrobe of flag shirts plus the old SOS tees (at least 4 of those) 5-5-10 is over and I don't leave the house everyday, however from this day forward I will be sure and wear a US tee on everyday they have some event even in another state. I will wear one even if I don't leave home.

How many will join me in this? If anyone has a better idea PLEASE post it.

PochoPatriot 05-06-2010 06:45 AM

I think there needs to be concentrated efforts to fly America's colors on days that will be "offensive" to Mexicans.

Edited to add: You know you don't see Irish-Americans whining over American flags being flown on the National Get Slobbering Drunk Day...err, St. Patrick's Day. ;)

Kathy63 05-06-2010 07:58 AM

Why is an American school recognizing a foreign holiday anyway?

Bri-M 05-06-2010 08:05 AM

America

Arizona - SI
Legal - SI

Illegal - NO!

Patriotic Army Mom 05-06-2010 08:26 AM

I agree Pocho! It's time to be seen and heard. God Bless America!

Don 05-06-2010 09:03 AM

The exact same thing has happened to American students here in Southern California over the last few years. This is nothing new. There is simmering in many young Americans who have endured this kind of oppression and much, much worse.