Save Our State

Save Our State (http://www.saveourstate.info/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.saveourstate.info/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Luis Gutíerrez was Also Discriminated Against in Puerto Rico (http://www.saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=4500)

Jeanfromfillmore 09-16-2011 02:49 PM

Luis Gutíerrez was Also Discriminated Against in Puerto Rico

Luis Gutíerrez was Also Discriminated Against in Puerto Rico
Chicago – As a boy, U.S. Rep. Luis Vicente Gutíerrez was considered "too American to be Puerto Rican" and he also suffered discrimination and rejection and was considered an immigrant in the land of his parents' birth. (who is it that “discriminated against him? Answer: Latinos)
Perhaps that is where the rebellious nature arose that transformed little "Louis" into the Luis of today, a Democratic congressman in his 10th term representing Illinois' 4th District, which comprises several Chicago neighborhoods.
At 57, Gutíerrez has served in the House of Representatives in Washington since 1993, when he became the first Latino (Oh yes, we must make ones race so very important) from the Midwest to be elected to Congress, where his work on behalf of immigrants made him a national leader of the immigration reform movement.
"Many people see a contradiction between my emphasis on immigrants and my 'Puerto Rican-ness,'" Gutíerrez said in an interview with Efe.
"But it's precisely because I feel Puerto Rican, and understand what it is to live as a Latino (now the victim mentality starts showing) in the United States, that I can understand the needs of immigrants and feel solidarity with them," he added.
Gutíerrez recently held in Chicago a public meeting to provide information about the Department of Homeland Security's new rules for deportation, a gathering attended by hundreds of mainly Mexican immigrants (and they say it’s not an invasion!).
"I see all these people together and I dream that someday they will be standing in line to receive their Green Cards," he said.
"We all have yearnings and dreams that are a little exaggerated, and mine is to welcome these people to give them the 'mica' (a slang word for Green Card) which is the medicine they need to achieve legality and so that they aren't exploited (as you are exploiting them for more “liberal” credit and possibly future voters) any more," he said.
Gutíerrez was born in Chicago and grew up in Lincoln Park, which then was a community of immigrant workers.
His mother worked in a factory and his father drove a taxi, "sweating blood to give me a future," he said (wow, sweating blood by doing work!!! Work that Americans have done for centuries).
When Gutíerrez finished his first year of high school, his parents decided to return to their hometown of San Sebastian, Puerto Rico.
"My parents told me they were going to return to 'our land,' and I imagined that it was also mine, but upon arriving (people considered me) a gringo and mistreated me," he recalled (remember, those are your Latino brothers and sisters that mistreated you, but it’s all about being a victim to Gutierrez).
"In Lincoln Park they called me 'spic,' and in Puerto Rico I was gringo or 'americanito.' (But he claims the US is so racist, it must change) I didn't speak Spanish, I became 'Louis' and didn't even know how to pronounce my last name. I felt I was the butt of all the jokes and the scorn they gave me made me feel alone and isolated," he said (but does he go there and try to change that attitude? No, he expects us to bend to his playing the victim in the US).
That experience, he said, caused him to realize that this was the suffering faced by everyone who leaves his own land to find a better future, including his parents who "even though they are citizens with passports, they suffer from prejudice." (Oh the poor victim Latino immigrant, not wanted at home, yet continues to defend the “homeland”)
"That's why I can't see abuse and keep quiet. I have to speak up and denounce it, it's part of my nature," he said.(does he go back and confront Puerto Rico? NO, no way, the US is the only place to cry racism)
Luis returned to Chicago in 1974 to enroll in Northeastern Illinois University, where he became involved in student activism and in social justice issues. (try using that “social justice” the liberals like to cry for, in Puerto Rico Louis!)
He wrote for the student publication "Que ondee sola" and became president of the Union for Puerto Rican Students.(Wow, now he claims to be Puerto Rican in the 50 States, but not back in Puerto Rico’s soil)
In 1977, the recent graduate returned to Puerto Rico to marry his girlfriend Soraida but the next year he was back in Chicago again looking for a job.(What! No staying in Puerto Rico to cry “social justice”?)
Gutíerrez worked as a taxi driver, like his father, as a public school teacher and as a caseworker for the Illinois Department of Children & Family Services.(Did he sweat blood and cry victimhood?)
He entered politics in 1983, working as an assistant for Chicago's first African American mayor, Harold Washington, and in 1986 he was elected alderman for the 26th ward. (Gee, the racist USA let the poor victim Latino actual become a politician. But it wasn’t in his Latino wantabe homeland of Puerto Rico, was it!!! The coward won’t confront the “Latinos” there!)

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/lif...#ixzz1Y9jwgOri

ilbegone 09-16-2011 07:56 PM

Well put, Jean. It works that way with some of the children of other Latin Americans. Gutierrez was indoctrinated at the University into being a racist , victimization mongering ahole.

On another note:

I'm working on a job which has a couple of Puerto Ricans working on a different part of the job for the same employer.

I tried to make them feel welcome, but that was often met with blank looks. They speak and understand a lot more English than they let on, and don't appear to want to mix with the rest of us.

Upon having enough, culminating in the boss (from a western European country) wanting me to cater to them in a way which was unintentionally demeaning to me, I blew up. They ended up taking care of their own stuff, I wasn't run off, and I rarely acknowledge their presence anymore.

wetibbe 09-17-2011 04:51 AM

Gutierrez

That little weasel is indeed disgusting. He demonstrates in front of the White House with the "A" typical Latino Goon squad and Obama rolls over. But we must remember that Gutierrez is 10 term. So his constituents just love him and he does their bidding like a good little Puta.

Now a racist story:

One of my grandsons lives in Florida 45 miles South West of Orlando. I was invited down to attend the christening of a new born. His Dad and Mom, my son in law and daughter, and several other relatives also came.

I came in on a Saturday morning so my son in law had the task of entertaining me until Sunday. We went driving all around for miles to sight see. He wanted some baptism medals for the baby so we located a store. The clerk did not speak any English at all. My Son in Law couldn't communicate with her. Since I am fluent in Spanish I did the interpreting. She said: If you want to speak English you have to go to the store in Orlando !!!!

My Son in Law said: How about some lunch. I'm hungry for a Cuban sandwich. *( He is Irish American ). A Cuban sandwich has roast pork and some other ingredients, it comes on a long Cuban bun like a Hero and it is pressed flat in a heated appliance. It is absolutely delicious. So I asked the store clerk if she knew any place that served Cuban sandwiches. She did. It was a few blocks away, a store/restaurant in a strip mall.

Upon entering, the place was packed and 90% Latino/Hispanic yakking Spanish everywhere. There were several order takers behind the long counter. You made your selection from the display case and the order takers prepped and plated it and sent it to the cashier. The line was long. The order takers could not understand English.

As we left, and were outside, some teen agers came out, 3 or 4 girls and some boys, talking very animatedly. Obviously very agitated. I asked my Son in Law if he knew what that was all about. He said they were Cubans. They detected some Puerto Ricans inside and refused to eat in the same restaurant with Puerto Ricans so they left !!

Sunday morning the christening was at noon. 11:00 AM mass was just letting out as we pulled into the parking lot. It was a big, beautiful Catholic Church. Chaos and pandemonium. The parishioners were ALL Latino/Hispanic, tan, brown, indian features, squatty, campesino, those cowboy straw hats. That was the Spanish mass.

The christening was all white, caucasian including the Priests and Deacons.

ilbegone 09-18-2011 07:00 AM

Quote:

As we left, and were outside, some teen agers came out, 3 or 4 girls and some boys, talking very animatedly. Obviously very agitated. I asked my Son in Law if he knew what that was all about. He said they were Cubans. They detected some Puerto Ricans inside and refused to eat in the same restaurant with Puerto Ricans so they left !!
One very small crack among the great fissures and broken off pieces in the supposedly monolithic "Latino rock".