Save Our State

Save Our State (http://www.saveourstate.info/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.saveourstate.info/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Fed Court Affirms School's right to Ban US Flag (http://www.saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=4889)

Don 11-12-2011 02:31 PM

Fed Court Affirms School's right to Ban US Flag

Sad but true. A delusional Federal judge has affirmed the right of the Morgan Hill School District to ban American students from displaying the US flag on Sinkhole De Mayo day because it offended Mexican vermin.

We are a conquered people living in an occupied land. Our own national flag can be banned in a public school.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/fed-...cinco-de-mayo/

Ayatollahgondola 11-12-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don (Post 18656)
Sad but true. A delusional Federal judge has affirmed the right of the Morgan Hill School District to ban American students from displaying the US flag on Sinkhole De Mayo day because it offended Mexican vermin.

We are a conquered people living in an occupied land. Our own national flag can be banned in a public school.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/fed-...cinco-de-mayo/

Two things:
I believe the attorney for the kids spoke about an appeal, and rightfully so

The parents could and should be changing the policy of the school, as it is their responsability to do that.

So now the question is, how would a t-shirt that says "remember the Alamo" go over if it wasn't on cinco de mayo?

tim55 11-13-2011 08:56 AM

This ruling will do nothing but exacerbate the situation. When the Mexican flags come out, you will see frustration, then anger, then violence. What they have done here, is put the "bad guy" hat on citizens.

Patriotic Army Mom 11-14-2011 05:33 AM

Who is in charge of these schools that are paid with tax payer money?

Ayatollahgondola 11-14-2011 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriotic Army Mom (Post 18661)
Who is in charge of these schools that are paid with tax payer money?

Those who go to the school board meetings. And when no one goes, they act on the marching orders of those who influence them outside the school district

Rim05 11-15-2011 04:49 AM

Quote:

Those who go to the school board meetings. And when no one goes, they act on the marching orders of those who influence them outside the school district
People would rather sit in fron of a TV or tinker with the computer than go to any kind of civic type of meeting.
I usually support any one trying to make a dent in DC but some are not worth it. I must confess that I have not been around any of the OWS so I never formed an opinion about them.
Thanks and good luck.

Don 11-18-2011 08:00 AM

The lawyer for the American kids was on John and Ken last night (11/17/11) and talked about this case. He said the Federal judge wanted to have proceedings at the school, calling this a "teachable moment." This is totally insane. There is no basis for any judge, whether federal or state, to engage in this kind of Orwellian group think.

This is more than disheartening...

Here's another California school nightmare story. A white 5th grader said a local Afro American newsman looked like Barack Obama and the newsman's daughter, a student, reported him to the administration. The white child was kicked out of school for being a "racist." Whites are forced to pay taxes to support public institutions but are increasingly being driven out of them by Orwellian thought police.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/was-...-barack-obama/

Ayatollahgondola 11-18-2011 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don (Post 18720)
The lawyer for the American kids was on John and Ken last night (11/17/11) and talked about this case. He said the Federal judge wanted to have proceedings at the school, calling this a "teachable moment." This is totally insane. There is no basis for any judge, whether federal or state, to engage in this kind of Orwellian group think.

A federal judge is not a teacher. Doesn't surprise me though; not here in California

kjmta 11-20-2011 12:33 PM

Lot of Work

It seems anymore there is SO much going no you do not know what to address first. But I can tell people are getting mad. Not just unhappy but mad at the direction this state and country is going.

nativesmith 11-20-2011 06:21 PM

Why would there be a ban by displaying the American flag in America, I am offended that a Judge ruled against the first amendment! No American Flag on American Soil? Wtf, celebrating mexican holiday in american territory, they should adjust not those kids.

Patriotic Army Mom 11-21-2011 07:31 AM

It never ends and as I silently sit in my home, the thoughts of how to fix everything is not a good one.

Don 11-21-2011 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriotic Army Mom (Post 18735)
It never ends and as I silently sit in my home, the thoughts of how to fix everything is not a good one.

I know what you mean. I've had a bad feeling about all of this for a long time and it's not getting any better. The only good thing is that with the Internet, they can't cover up stuff like this the way they used to.

wetibbe 12-20-2011 04:31 AM

I'm not surprised

Did you hear Newt Gingrich lambaste the judges as out of control. And Newts proposed remedy ?

I'm not surprised at all that the Judge ruled against the flag. I see such idiocy EVERY DAY. Judges that won't uphold the law but, instead, make up their own rules base on personal convictions. "Social justice". Liberal progressive ideology.

Invariably these "revisionist" rules are defeated in the courts - "eventually" after many months and tons of money.

The best explanation that I have found so far was by Federal Circuit Court Judge, Robert K. Dierker, in his book: The Tyranny of Tolerance.

http://www.amazon.com/Tyranny-Tolera.../dp/030733919X

Jeanfromfillmore 05-05-2014 09:08 AM

There is going to be a US Flag demonstration at Morgan Hill today and the district has fenced off the High School. The district has a connection of Morgan Hill with the school district I write articles about and have attend and covered for the last two years.

Dr. Nishino has served for 14 years as a school district superintendent. He was the superintendent of Morgan Hill Unified School District in Morgan Hill, California,

The Fillmore School District Superintendent Nishino is who I've been writing articles about for the past two years. I know I write a lot about schools and education, but I do a great deal of research to write the articles, so I find out a great deal of facts that those in education don't want the public to know.

I have to cover the school board tomorrow and Nishino should be there (his health is not good, so he may be sick). I will ask him if he was the one who ordered the students to turn their flag shirts inside out.

There has been an uproar at the school district in the past two months over some of Nishino's cronies that he placed as high end staff and who were complete failures. Parents and teachers came to meetings to complain. So much so that meetings had to be held in the auditorium instead of the district office chamber. They were especially angry when they found out that Morgan Hill had to pay something like $250,000 to get rid of Mr. Russom Mesfun who was put in as Fillmore High School's Principal a year ago. There are four associated with Nishino and Morgan Hill and all will be leaving by next month.

This was the announcement two years ago when Nishino arrived:
The Fillmore Unified School Board is pleased to announce the selection of Dr. Alan Nishino as Interim Superintendent. Dr. Nishino will serve the district until the Board searches and selects a new superintendent spring 2012.

Ayatollahgondola 05-05-2014 07:20 PM

There are soooo many ridiculous "buy-outs" of bureaucrats lately. They hire incompetent boobs or corrupt administrators with generous contracts to make them all beholden to their wishes, and then when their failures become evident or unavoidable, they cash them out with hush-money or "go-away" money so that a lawsuit won't reveal the depths of the carelessness, malfeasance, or both were

Jeanfromfillmore 05-05-2014 10:31 PM

I'll get back to you on the question of whether Nashino was the superintendent at Morgan Hill at that time. Nishino came to the Fillmore School District in 2012, and this happened at Morgan Hill a year or two before that.

I have spoken to Nashino at length on many subjects over the past two years. We both grew up in the South Bay area within a few years of each other (Los Angeles South Bay). He grew up in Lomita and I grew up in San Pedro. We both remember specific neighborhoods and hangouts and school rivalry.

Last year a Fillmore High School English teacher took the US flag and threw it on the classroom floor, she then told the students that the flag was just a symbol and nothing more. The parents and community were mad as hell.
They went to Nashino demanding the teacher be fired or at the very least reprimanded. But not a thing was done. Nishino said because of the teachers union, his hands were tied. Amazing how the flag problems follow him. (I am assuming he was involved in the Morgan Hill flag shirt situation, but maybe he wasn't. I'll know tomorrow.)

Patriotic Army Mom 05-06-2014 02:05 PM

I went out yesterday doing my thing, looking for something to spark me. Couldn't find a thing.

Jeanfromfillmore 05-07-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore (Post 24907)
I'll get back to you on the question of whether Nashino was the superintendent at Morgan Hill at that time. Nishino came to the Fillmore School District in 2012, and this happened at Morgan Hill a year or two before that.

I have spoken to Nashino at length on many subjects over the past two years. We both grew up in the South Bay area within a few years of each other (Los Angeles South Bay). He grew up in Lomita and I grew up in San Pedro. We both remember specific neighborhoods and hangouts and school rivalry.

Last year a Fillmore High School English teacher took the US flag and threw it on the classroom floor, she then told the students that the flag was just a symbol and nothing more. The parents and community were mad as hell.
They went to Nashino demanding the teacher be fired or at the very least reprimanded. But not a thing was done. Nishino said because of the teachers union, his hands were tied. Amazing how the flag problems follow him. (I am assuming he was involved in the Morgan Hill flag shirt situation, but maybe he wasn't. I'll know tomorrow.)

I asked Nishino when he had left Morgan Hill School District, he said in the 2008/2009 school year (the year before the flag shirt incident). I then said, "Well than you weren't there for the flag shirt incident" and he responded, "Oh no, I wasn't, but if I had been that would never have happened." I don't know how true that statement is, (I'm not saying he's lying) But just about everyone in education supports everyone else but the American people. They do so to prove their "progressive" ideals.