Save Our State

Save Our State (http://www.saveourstate.info/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.saveourstate.info/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Doesn't anybody post here anymore? (http://www.saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=2658)

LAPhil 08-13-2010 02:49 PM

Doesn't anybody post here anymore?

Here's a really good video I just discovered:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgOHO...ayer_embedded#!

Rim05 08-13-2010 03:30 PM

No one is posting any place any more. :confused:

LAPhil 08-13-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rim05 (Post 11335)
No one is posting any place any more. :confused:

I've pretty much noticed that too, Rim. Even I don't do nearly as much posting as I used to on the old board. I know this view isn't popular with certain people here, but I really think we lost something when the old board was dissolved.

Patriotic Army Mom 08-13-2010 03:53 PM

I don't post that much either. But my teenagers keep changing things on the computer and when I get on, I can't find anything. It's a joke. Maybe we are all getting ready for the down and dirty. Somehow things are going so fast, that it's not one thing to fight for, we are having to fight for everything our country stands for. It makes me sick.

Rim05 08-13-2010 03:56 PM

The truth is, I have so much to do this time of the year that the only thing I keep up with is EATING. :D

Ayatollahgondola 08-13-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAPhil (Post 11337)
I've pretty much noticed that too, Rim. Even I don't do nearly as much posting as I used to on the old board. I know this view isn't popular with certain people here, but I really think we lost something when the old board was dissolved.

I don't believe that's an unpopular view Phil. I don't know that anyone thinks we didn't lose some things.
Our history, our work, some goodwill.... We tried to get it, but thus far it hasn't been successful. I'm still working on it a little.
But really, as RIM mentioned, it's not just us; There's a pall cast all over the internet and in practice. I visited a couple leftist type events and they are down pretty hard too. I was even sanctioned on one of their forums for pointing out that the interest level seemed rather abysmal. Even on forums totally unrelated to immigration the interest is pretty weak. i wouldn't start blaming anyone here over it.

Twoller 08-13-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola (Post 11343)
I don't believe that's an unpopular view Phil. I don't know that anyone thinks we didn't lose some things.
Our history, our work, some goodwill.... We tried to get it, but thus far it hasn't been successful. I'm still working on it a little.
But really, as RIM mentioned, it's not just us; There's a pall cast all over the internet and in practice. I visited a couple leftist type events and they are down pretty hard too. I was even sanctioned on one of their forums for pointing out that the interest level seemed rather abysmal. Even on forums totally unrelated to immigration the interest is pretty weak. i wouldn't start blaming anyone here over it.

I agree. There seems to be a dearth of news. I'm not paying attention to US media, but the latest thing I'm seeing abroad is that the Obamination is footing the bill for a bunch of border guards or something. It seems like it is something carefully engineered to stimulate discussion and so I don't feel like discussing it. I didn't even consider posting the items.

Notice Jeanfromfillmore is not posting any news items either.

I am wating to hear something about 1070. You would think we would be hearing something out of Arizona, but nothing. Maybe the border guard bill is also supposed to eclipse the silence eminating out of Arizona.

Patriotic Army Mom 08-14-2010 07:26 AM

It's because Mr. O doesn't want most people to say anything and may be used as a scape goat.

LAPhil 08-14-2010 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola (Post 11343)
i wouldn't start blaming anyone here over it.

I wasn't blaming anyone here. Just making an observation.

ilbegone 08-14-2010 11:55 AM

Overall, I believe much of it has to do with the economy and tiresome politics.

I myself have had enough of castigating politicians over the phone and am patiently waiting to vote out incumbents at every opportunity. While I have no love for either the core Democrat or Republican parties, I want to punish the Democrats. Then when the Republican party takes rejection of Democrats as a mandate to do whatever the hell the want to do (like the Democrats have done since the repudiation of Republicans last election cycle), I want to slap the dogshit out of the Republicans in turn.

As far as posting here, I feel as though I have said much of the same over the years over and over and over again. I'm out of breath and tired of arguing the same points non stop.

I really am not attracted to the other anti illegal sites, nor do I waste my time posting at pro illegal sites. I'm sick of the racial obsession, racial stereotyping, fabrication and disinformation and name calling on both sides, and have realized I'm not going to change anyone's convictions with rational discussion - or more to the point, what minute rational and respectful discussion there is to be found anywhere concerning illegal immigration.

I think the open borders crowd understands there is not going to be an amnesty for as long as the economy is bad. On the other side, I don't believe there is any faith that the Federal government is going going to meaningfully enforce immigration law anytime soon.

I think there is a lot of quietly seething anger which has a good chance of boiling over and burning the status quo. I just hope it doesn't blow out of control - we don't need a replay of the French Revolution.