Save Our State

Save Our State (http://www.saveourstate.info/index.php)
-   Crime and Punishment (http://www.saveourstate.info/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Day Laborer Kills His Employer (http://www.saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=1507)

Ayatollahgondola 03-25-2010 10:09 PM

Day Laborer Kills His Employer

don't know who I should be rooting for in this tragedy. I would guess neither

Quote:

SANTA ANA, Calif. -- An Orange County day laborer has been convicted of killing his boss with a shovel and pickax after being told he was a slow worker.

A Superior Court jury found Ernesto Avalos guilty Thursday of first-degree murder.

Avalos was accused of killing Woo Sung Park in 2007 as they landscaped the backyard of an Irvine home. Prosecutors say Avalos became angry when Park complained about his productivity. When Park turned his back, prosecutors say Avalos picked up a shovel and repeatedly hit Park in the back of the head, then grabbed a pickax and hit him again.

Avalos' attorney says the day laborer acted in self-defense.

Prosecutors say Avalos told police he had taken methamphetamine that morning.

Avalos faces 26 years to life in prison when he's sentenced April 30

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2010/03/25/263...#ixzz0jGBvAl6M
http://www.sacbee.com/2010/03/25/263...f-killing.html

Jeanfromfillmore 03-26-2010 01:12 AM

What is 26 year in prison plus the cost of this trial going to cost the taxpayer? That cheap labor sure isn't cheap for the taxpayer. Add that to the cost of a head of lettuce or any of the other claims the open borders crowd use to justify this invasion or amnesty.

I guess that's one employer who didn't get away with breaking the law. Wonder if he saved enough money by hiring illegals to pay for his funeral, or maybe the his family can ask for donations.

ilbegone 03-26-2010 02:40 AM

My understanding is that Asian immigrants are the stingiest of day labor employers, maybe the pushiest.

Generally next are "Latinos" who grew up under both cultures, who understand what makes an illegal tick.

The most generous tend to be white Americans, who don't understand Mexican nationals nor have a universal desire to chip to the bone, plus many having been convinced through cultural brainwashing that to criticize Mexican nationals is somehow a racist act.

My own impression of illegal labor is that so long as they don't feel comfortable in employment, they tend to charge around working their asses off even if by doing so they are less productive (missing steps, wasted moves, etc).

However, when they are comfortable in employment, I believe they tend to become casual, standing in the way telling each other funny stories, and if they are subsequently pushed by the employer everything goes to hell in the ensuing confusion.

And in either case, the finished product tends to be shoddy, but low priced - depending on how one calculates value. And they do show up every day.

The overall question seems to be "how good is good enough?"

Don 03-26-2010 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilbegone (Post 7255)
The most generous tend to be white Americans, who don't understand Mexican nationals nor have a universal desire to chip to the bone, plus many having been convinced through cultural brainwashing that to criticize Mexican nationals is somehow a racist act.

My own impression of illegal labor is that so long as they don't feel comfortable in employment, they tend to charge around working their asses off even if by doing so they are less productive (missing steps, wasted moves, etc).

However, when they are comfortable in employment, I believe they tend to become casual, standing in the way telling each other funny stories, and if they are subsequently pushed by the employer everything goes to hell in the ensuing confusion.

And in either case, the finished product tends to be shoddy, but low priced - depending on how one calculates value. And they do show up every day.

The overall question seems to be "how good is good enough?"

If cheap Mexican labor is the basis of US prosperity, as we've been told for years, why is Mexico so poor?

Jeanfromfillmore 03-26-2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don (Post 7257)
If cheap Mexican labor is the basis of US prosperity, as we've been told for years, why is Mexico so poor?

Mexico isn't poor, it's just poorly run.

Ole Glory 03-26-2010 01:29 PM

You get what you pay for!

It reminds me of the lady that was crying and she couldn't understand, why, why, why, the day laborer that she picked up at Home Depot, hired, fed, gave clothes, shoes and paid for his half a$$ work, came back that night, broke into her house and raped and robbed her.

You get what you pay for!

Rim05 03-26-2010 08:48 PM

Maybe next time she will get out there and see if she can do the work her self, like I do. :)

Commander Bunny 03-26-2010 10:55 PM

this story reminds Me of an incident in Novato, where an illegal attacked a car with a pickaxe of what He thought was an Ex-Employer, who probably ripped him off on pay, or something.

Unfortunately, the Driver of the car was not the Enabler, but a Woman with Kids in the car.

So what's the deal with pickaxes?...I guess it's machetes next?

Don 03-27-2010 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore (Post 7273)
Mexico isn't poor, it's just poorly run.

Well most of the Mexican people are poor, or at least they were when I visited that hell hole and the Mexicans coming over the border are certainly poor.