Save Our State

Save Our State (http://www.saveourstate.info/index.php)
-   SOS Management and Operation Discussion (http://www.saveourstate.info/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   SOS Bulletin: Email in Circulation About Save Our State (http://www.saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=343)

Beverly Caterers 10-15-2011 11:22 AM

Dang all this infighting is hurting us all! :confused:
I wish we could come together and fight this mess together.

LAPhil 10-15-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beverly Caterers (Post 18284)

A lot of us have been wishing that for years, but at this point I really don't think it's going to happen. On the positive side, however, there seems to be more awareness of the illegal immigration issue around the country in general, as witness the decline of Rick Perry after his "You have no heart" comment in the debate.

Jeanfromfillmore 10-15-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAPhil (Post 18291)
A lot of us have been wishing that for years, but at this point I really don't think it's going to happen. On the positive side, however, there seems to be more awareness of the illegal immigration issue around the country in general, as witness the decline of Rick Perry after his "You have no heart" comment in the debate.

Phil you're so right. Just compare where we are today with just 5 years ago. Five years ago practically no one cared about illegal immigration, or they were convinces that the invaders were benign and "were only here to feed their families." Now that the public is having to pay attention to where their tax dollars are going and how much is being spent on the invaders, well it's now a different story.

I'm not seeing the Mexican flags flying as much as 5 yrs ago, and we now have whole states standing up and taking action. It's a far cry from when we did "one a day" and were excited if just one town took actions. Yes, we've worked hard and have accomplished a great deal. But we still have quite a ways to go.

Ayatollahgondola 10-15-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beverly Caterers (Post 18284)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAPhil (Post 18291)

You kiddin' me? The infighting has slowed to a crawl now that some of the worst instigators have been exposed and reduced to mere mortals like the rest of us. Many former rivals are working together, or at least are not trying to cross one another as much. I think things are a far cry better in that regard than they have ever been before

LAPhil 10-16-2011 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola (Post 18297)
You kiddin' me? The infighting has slowed to a crawl now that some of the worst instigators have been exposed and reduced to mere mortals like the rest of us. Many former rivals are working together, or at least are not trying to cross one another as much. I think things are a far cry better in that regard than they have ever been before

I'm sure you're in a much better position to know about this than I am, but could you give some examples?

Ayatollahgondola 10-16-2011 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAPhil (Post 18306)
I'm sure you're in a much better position to know about this than I am, but could you give some examples?

SOS is once again on speaking and exchanging terms with Robin, a major player in our field. She had previously been ostracized by our former seer-less leader Nightingale. Jim Gilchrist is no longer hammering SOS as unworthy; Some of the Central Vally Tea Party people have ceased censoring or removing my posts about SOS's events and efforts now that Nightingale is done using them for her campaign.
Admittedly there are some hold-outs, such as gheen and schwilk, but they haven't been very active in our circles lately anyway. Much less of the "drive-these-people-out mentality now.

LAPhil 10-16-2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola (Post 18307)
SOS is once again on speaking and exchanging terms with Robin, a major player in our field. She had previously been ostracized by our former seer-less leader Nightingale. Jim Gilchrist is no longer hammering SOS as unworthy; Some of the Central Vally Tea Party people have ceased censoring or removing my posts about SOS's events and efforts now that Nightingale is done using them for her campaign.
Admittedly there are some hold-outs, such as gheen and schwilk, but they haven't been very active in our circles lately anyway. Much less of the "drive-these-people-out mentality now.

Well this is certainly good news.

The Waco Kid 10-18-2011 08:42 PM

It was the rallies done back in 2004-2005 that had the greatest impact. In 2006 SOS attracted too many people who just wanted to belong to something out of some sort of personal neediness and I am sad to say that but it is true. When I left SOS in late 2006 it was really going to hell in a hand basket.

The main problem experienced by SOS is too much talk and not enough action, people just want to post on a forum and never truly do anything to help.

Sad but true.

Ayatollahgondola 10-19-2011 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Waco Kid (Post 18396)
It was the rallies done back in 2004-2005 that had the greatest impact. In 2006 SOS attracted too many people who just wanted to belong to something out of some sort of personal neediness and I am sad to say that but it is true. When I left SOS in late 2006 it was really going to hell in a hand basket.

The main problem experienced by SOS is too much talk and not enough action, people just want to post on a forum and never truly do anything to help.

Sad but true.

I'd like to say it was that simple, but I doubt it is. I believe SOS fell noticably at that time for several reasons. Some of which were beyond our control. But I think we definately could have better managed the descent to a softer landing, and not lost as much momentum and stature. All water under the bridge at this point, so all we can do now is to grow carefully and stick to our main agenda. Those with the same mindset will find us, and those who left can watch and see if we're worthy of joining again

The Waco Kid 10-19-2011 10:14 AM

Well we all know Chelene damn near ruined the group's last shred of credibility and in order to do all the damage she did she had to have an abundance of "useful idiots" to do her bidding. Anyone who truly was a thinking person and didn't blindly follow was black balled and smeared, but you know that as well as anyone. An unfortunate fact but of course there are still people who care deeply about this issue ( I am one of those ) and I will continue to support SOS in any way I can.

I've noticed some people who are the most active in this movement seem to somewhat shy away from SOS when I attempted to secure them as guests on SOS radio but I am working on that and trying to restore good will with certain heavy weights in the anti illegal scene. My name is still respected by many and I intend to use that.