Save Our State

Save Our State (http://www.saveourstate.info/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.saveourstate.info/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   An apology from A Mexican ... (http://www.saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=3255)

DerailAmnesty.com 12-30-2010 11:00 AM

An apology from A Mexican ...

... for illegal aliens who behave badly.

I get all manner of messages sent to me on my Youtube accounts. Very few, however, are like this one from Carlos.

hello

Hello, this is carlos i will try to express myself the best i can, i got pretty sad when i started to look at one your videos, being specific on one where a woman i would suppose she was mexican, claimed "her land" and asking residents of usa to leave and go back to europe. I totally agree that those kind of actions are disgusting, she is also an immigran just like i am, i am mexican, but she is not purely nahua or tolteca or mayan, or any other one of many cultures that were here before anyone from europe came, so she is wrong, she has not even a tiny bit of right or sense saying those kind of things, any ways what i wanted to say is that not all mexicans are like that woman or like some really uneducated (aka) "cholos" persons, that all they do is yell, and believe not only over there in california they are, also in this side, there are lots of uneducated people that actually as sad as it can be, they are the more patriotic and nationalists, and i for myself fell pretty sorry for those people, and it makes mad also because for those agressive and uneducated people mexicans, are all taken by that image when it is not real, but well i hope you understanded my english i could think is not that very good, and i really support have a change on your inmmigrations laws, to erradicate those agressive illegal inmigrants, i will also fight if i were in yoir position. and because they make the rest of mexicans right here in my country look retarded, uneducated, not civilized people. Thank you very much for reading this i will keep on watching your videos even though i will be ashamed every time i watch a new one, but i find them quite interesting. Ok so now i will say good bye. I hope you have a nice day.

ilbegone 12-31-2010 06:33 AM

I don't believe you would get many like this one.

I'm not sure how to say what I feel about this letter, it does seem to to be sincere. I would like to know what Carlos means by "Immigrant" and "Mexican", what is in his head that is expressed by those words. If the woman he referred to as an "immigrant" such as himself when in fact she is third generation American, that has a whole different meaning in my head.

I believe that it's true that most Mexicans - regardless how they may feel about what is proper regarding entry into the US - just don't buy the "University Mexican" dispensed Chicano blather. They (Mexicans and self proclaimed American "Mexicans") may use one another, but American raised pretend Mexicans just don't cut the proof of being "real Mexicans".

In his interpretation of Mexican culture (The Labyrinth of Solitude), Octavio Paz said that the Mexican doesn't want to be descended from either Spaniards or Indians, he denies them both, that his history begins with himself. I believe that to be a reference to (Miguel?) Cortes, the very first mestizo born in Mexico and parented by Hernan Cortes and Malintzin - hence the first Mexican.

One Mexican historian asserts that Mexico wasn't derived from the defeat and "martyrdom" of Cuauhtemoc, but was established from the very first time Cortes and Motecuzoma looked each other in the face. Mexican culture is neither Spanish or Indian, but a combination of both - so some American born Pocha growing up watching Sesame street, Barney and Spongebob Squarepants and born five hundred years after that gaze claiming to be "indigenous" is, in my words, simply full of shit.

4shadows 01-03-2011 06:33 PM

There are those who think this way, but not many and not out loud. I served with alot of mexicans while serving in the Marines and they love America and to a man I think they were all legal citizens, or I choose to believe so.

Patriotic Army Mom 01-04-2011 06:05 PM

Your right 4Shadows. I've been told by many and America they would die for.