PDA

View Full Version : MoveOver or Pay$$$$$$$$$

Ole Glory
01-29-2010, 06:37 PM
This was e-mailed to me.

Important Law to Share:

I wanted to let my friends know about the CA move over law.

My son got a ticket on Pleasant Hill coming back from Wal-Mart.

A police car (turned out it was 2 police cars) was on the side of
the road giving a ticket to someone else.

My son slowed down to pass but did not move into the other lane.

The second police car immediately pulled him over and gave him a ticket.

My son and I had never heard of the law.

It is a fairly new law that states if any emergency vehicle is on the side of the road, if you are able, you are to move into the far lane.

Please let everyone you know that drives about this new law.

It is true (see details at the above web address).

It states that except two states, all the other US states (even Canada ) enacted similar kind of law.
__________________________________________________ ______________

I don’t know many of you on this list but I wanted to clarify something. The MoveOver law does exist in California.

For more info, go to http://www.snopes.com/politics/traffic/moveover.asp. Info for California is about halfway down the page where it explains that tickets are about $150 (with all addl assessments) and only 1 point on your record.

Being in the insurance business, I’ve seen this one a few times. It is always safe and smart to stay as far away from people who are on the roadway but I hate to see everyone get wound up over yet another way the state is gouging us… they are already doing that with red light cameras, new speed cameras (coming soon), and taxes in general! ;)

Please consider this friendly info only – I always like a heads up but just want to get the correct info out there!!

David Gauny

CA Insurance License #0G52753

Timothy Gaspar Insurance Services / FMS Financial Partners

6345 Balboa Blvd., BLDG 4, STE 175

Encino, CA 91316

(661) 670-9690 direct