PDA

View Full Version : Educating The On-line Scammers About Our Agenda

Ayatollahgondola
01-25-2010, 07:34 AM
Trying to raise a few dollars for SOS by selling something on craigslist. Don't know where this scammer is from, but I don't see why they should be treated any differently than anyone else I deal with these days:

Hello...
Did you still have this item for sale?

Thanks

In a message dated 1/25/2010 10:27:05 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, ayatollahgondola@aol.com writes:
Yes. Do you want to buy it?

Okay,
I am willing to purchase the item urgently,Hope is still in excellent condition.I will like to proceed with payment,Because will really need it urgent.My form of payment would be via (E-check) Although i am currently away for my business trip.But i will arrange for Pick up once the check is clear in your bank.This Electronic cashier check was drawn on my Bank of America.The check would be send via your email for you to have it printed out and proceed to your bank for instant cash or deposit.Immediately your bank verify and clear the check i am going to arrange for Dependable Auto Shipping Company to come and arrange for pick up immediately.For the payment to commence you will probably go to Shopping Mall or Office Depot nearest to your area and purchase Blank Busines Check Paper immediately you have the paper purchase,Kindly send me your Name and Address with your email address,so you can received the check from your email immediately from my client with the following instruct on how to get the check printed easily out from your email .Please get back to me to proceed further.

Thank you

Sorry, but I am not using checks these days, and don't much care for Bank of America's politics. That bank is anti-American, and they open bank accounts for people living in my country illegally. they are just plain greedy, lousy bastards who have no allegiance to anything but wealth. I am using American dollars only to show support for my country.

Twoller
01-25-2010, 08:31 AM
Are you posting stuff on CraigsList representing SOS? Do you think that's a good idea?

I really think it is the worse kind of idea to discuss politics if you are out selling something. You should always assume that somebody showing interest in something you have to sell is legitimate until they try to run off without paying. When I sell stuff on line, I don't care who they are as long as they do honest business with me. I am in no position to quibble politics when trying to sell stuff, and my guess is, you aren't either.

But, you do have the right and responsibility to avoid certain kinds of transactions, like checks of any kind on craigslist. But that's all you need to say.

Since SOS is a bonafide charity (isn't it?), you might look into eBay as another place to sell. There might be a special status there for that kind of organization. And of course anyone who doesn't like SOS, can stay away.

Ayatollahgondola
01-25-2010, 08:37 AM
Well, no...I wasn't placing an ad under the SOS name, but in any case, I was in no danger of selling this person anything. the other things you mentioned are kind of ingrained into my lifestyle. If I was concerned about how my politics are interpreted, I wouldn't be chairing this corporation. The whole point of this organization is educating people about the problems and supporting them in the face of it. wouldn't make much sense avoid the subject in light of that