PDA

View Full Version : Police Dept. Layoffs Coming in US

Don
01-24-2010, 07:45 AM
Police departments all over the US are preparing massive lay offs of officers because of the economy. A bit scary on the one hand (Donut shop business will be down). On the other hand, without police to protect illegal aliens, maybe it will be easier for Americans to ...ah...take things into their own hands, so to speak? If you don't own a gun, you better get one while you still can.

The fall of police is not necessarily a bad thing. When this country was founded, police departments didn't even exist. Think about that! A free society where everyone owned guns, but didn't need police departments.

Until 1920, there were no gun control laws in Great Britain and their cops were not armed. A free society where the cops are disarmed and the citizens have unrestricted access to firearms? Is that possible? Well it happened for several centuries in Great Britain. Maybe it will happen again, here in the USA.

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/

(Even though the American colonies did not have police departments in the modern sense, some did have gun control laws. The first gun control law in North America was passed by the House of Burgesses in colonial Virginia in 1642: It prohibited freed "Negros" from owning firearms. In the post civil war South, the newly constituted Southern States enacted gun control laws prohibiting "negros and mullattos" from possessing guns. Until recently gun control laws were rooted in racism.)

Ayatollahgondola
01-24-2010, 08:34 AM
I don't want to throw away our police and prosecutorial systems. I want them pried from the hands of the manipulative, fraudulent, corrupt people that have their hands on them so we can have better control again. If you think that things would be better if "we" took up vigilantism, you might want to look at Mexico as an example of how well that has worked. The people that are seeding our country with "immigrants" will just arm the side that fits their need, and then we would have more than one public enemy. In fact, you'd be so busy trying to protect yourself and other loved ones, that you'd have little time to make things good again. the type of civil unrest mentioned is similar to the circumstances that gave rise to the likes of Adolph hitler and his resulting madness. Why do want to encourage such a big swing in the pendulum? Let's not poop on our own plates; instead, take the action mentioned to corrupt bastards. Storm the castle before we turn on ourselves!!

Don
01-24-2010, 10:49 AM
A thoughtful and insightful post, Ayatollah.

You make many good points. However, Mexico is different for a number of reasons. (1) They have a history of horrific racial conflict, instability and revolution rather than social cooperation like in the US. (2) They've never had a wide spread gun ownership by the public like in the US; (3) They have no tradition of grass roots democracy like in the US.

I don't think a breakdown of some communities in the US would necessarily result in criminal cartels taking over like in Mexico. But I agree that the civil unrest that would cause a "breakdown" would be a mixed blessing. I hate to see it happen, but the fact is that it is coming and hand wringing won't change it.

I believe in the right to keep and bear arms and that buying a gun under the 2nd Amendment should be no more difficult than buying a newspaper under the 1st Amendment. I have no illusions that the proliferation of firearms in Detroit or East LA would have a different result than in a more traditionally American city. The reality is that the police have increasingly been used to protect criminals from citizens rather than the other way around. During the Rodney King Riots in 1992, I saw live tv coverage of cops standing by their patrol cars with folded arms watching Hispanic and Black looters carrying arm loads of merchandise out of retail stores. They did nothing but protect the looters from the citizens. I used to go to anti-immigration rallies in the 1990's and we endured physical attacks from the Mexican communists while cops stood by and did nothing.

After seeing how law and order has completely failed us, I think a little vigilatism might be what the doctor ordered. I regret my age and declining health would limit my ability to participate fully.

ilbegone
01-24-2010, 01:41 PM
I don't want to throw away our police and prosecutorial systems. I want them pried from the hands of the manipulative, fraudulent, corrupt people that have their hands on them so we can have better control again.

Amen.

My opinion, and mine only - no one else or any organization is responsible for my opinion:

I see things as having gotten out of control concerning the police and the courts since the late 80's, and it seems that the only tool left in the bag is at least attempted prosecution and incarceration for even the silliest police report sent to the DA. At least scare the hell out of naive people who don't know their rights and getting them to agree to some easy (for the DA) plea bargain so the DA can elevate his conviction rate on meritless cases.

Flat out it's corruption.

I don't believe the police have had so much power in my lifetime, there's little sense of humor anymore.

I do recognize and appreciate what one retired deputy told me, that all he did for all those years was deal with problems, and after a while he began to see everyone who wasn't wearing a badge as a problem - he had to get away from it.

The police, the court, prosecutors, defense attornies, correctional officers, politicians, all are riding the "law and order, lock 'em up and throw away the key" wave to the point of being out of control.

It needs to change.

Ayatollahgondola
01-24-2010, 01:52 PM
After seeing how law and order has completely failed us, I think a little vigilatism might be what the doctor ordered. I regret my age and declining health would limit my ability to participate fully.

You are seeing the wrong doctor if vigilantism is the primary cure. That cure kills the patient too

Cruisingfool
01-25-2010, 08:08 AM
I'm not sure about California, but in Utah since the late 70's we have become a Police State. We have three of the corrupt jerks for every corner, just waiting to bring in contributions for the corrupt Judicial System!

I'll be damned glad when they have to layoff 75% of these corrupt individuals. Maybe only the honest ones will be left, and will think twice about their real duties and obligations to the US Constitution!

Ayatollahgondola
01-25-2010, 08:11 AM
I'm not sure about California, but in Utah since the late 70's we have become a Police State. We have three of the corrupt jerks for every corner, just waiting to bring in contributions for the corrupt Judicial System!

I'll be damned glad when they have to layoff 75% of these corrupt individuals. Maybe only the honest ones will be left, and will think twice about their real duties and obligations to the US Constitution!

If there is corruption at the top, why would you believe they would lay off the ones that support them?

Cruisingfool
01-25-2010, 08:27 AM
Its only a matter of time before Americans finally wake up and say "enough is enough". Why did you think obummer has ordered 1 million troops on US Soil by the end of this month?

Under full command of the USNORTHCOM, which by law would of been Unconstitutional, except bush and his patriot act made it possible!

Ayatollahgondola
01-25-2010, 08:31 AM
That doesn't actually answer my question though. If the police chief and his minions are corrupt, why would they fire or lay-off the ones who support them?

Cruisingfool
01-25-2010, 08:45 AM
In the last 8 months, we have had the corrupt DA removed (had to call in the FBI for this), the Police Chief resigned due to corruption and failure to enforce SB81 (Utah's Illegal Immigration Law) that was put into effect on July 1, 2009. The Sheriff is next, and he knows it, as his office was aiding and abetting illegal aliens.

The citizens here are finally taking action against the corruption.

Ayatollahgondola
01-25-2010, 08:56 AM
In the last 8 months, we have had the corrupt DA removed (had to call in the FBI for this), the Police Chief resigned due to corruption and failure to enforce SB81 (Utah's Illegal Immigration Law) that was put into effect on July 1, 2009. The Sheriff is next, and he knows it, as his office was aiding and abetting illegal aliens.

The citizens here are finally taking action against the corruption.

Excellent! Now I understand;)