PDA

View Full Version : Monday's Congressmen office visits went well.

Greg in LA
01-27-2014, 07:17 PM
We had an excellent meeting at McKeons office, I wasn't sure if anybody other than myself would actually show up, but I was pleasantly surprised and encouraged because we had a total of 5 Constituents to show up for the impromptu visit. One of them was a new person that I had never met before and they got the information from a Numbers USA alert.
We covered almost all of the current events that Boehner and Co. are doing,and talked with the staff for over 45 minutes. I gave McKeons staff around 50 anti amnesty post cards that were signed by Constituents.

Congressmen McKeon is retiring at the end of this year. One member of our group told the district director that we spoke with to tell Congressmen McKeon, " That the Congressmen better not give us the finger on his way out".

After the meeting we did a high five, and I think we all felt relieved that we made a strong showing for American sovereignty.

We'll see what happens, we're willing to escalate if the Republicans choose to give us the finger.

I heard that about 15 people visited McCarthy's office in Bakersfield, 10-11 people visited Gary millers office.

I don't have the numbers totals, but I know every Republican Congressmen from Bakersfield down to San Diego had a group visit this Monday.

Good job, patriots!

Ayatollahgondola
01-27-2014, 08:21 PM
Thanks for your work Greg. It was kind of strange for Mckeon to retire so abruptly. I sure do wonder if something is afoot in regards to that. How did the staff react to your visit?

Greg in LA
01-27-2014, 09:54 PM
McKeon has lost a lot of support in the area, in fact he didn't win his re election in 2012 by very much.

McKeon use to control the Republican assembly in the area, but the Tea party in town, took it over and threw his representatives out. There is actually a lot of bad blood with a lot of the Republicans and McKeon.

McKeon has been in office for over 20 years, and a lot of people around here just want him out. He was pretty good for a long time but, now he's a RINO, and a lot of people want him gone.

It's going to be tough for him to get re elected again, and he knows it so he's leaving.

The staff really didn't tell us anything, I just hope McKeon doesn't give us the finger before he leaves.

I do have to say it was really exciting to know that we were part of a larger action happening throughout SoCal.

It was also great to see Jeane, at the office visit. Her voice and presence really made a great impact for our side.

Thank you for all of your help Ayatollah. Thank you also for sending out the alert. It's great to know that there is some help out there, and someone like you and Jean that's willing to lend a hand.

I'm a little bit exhausted from preparing for the meeting, and the actual meeting it's self, but I also have a feeling of contentment and happiness that I was out in public, with like minded people and standing up for something important. It's a good feeling.

wetibbe
01-28-2014, 04:47 AM
News from the East:

Sad to say that I haven't heard of any similar action here. Many network partners have folded their tents. I have the distinct displeasure of having the place flooded with Democrat Senators, Congressmen, State Assemblymen and State Senators.

FAIR organized a similar event in Washington, DC some time back but I wouldn't attend. It was a 3 day conference including banging on Congressmen's doors. Over the years I have written to them many times and they all know me by now. I got some really discourteous blow back from my Congressman of over 24 years, who is a flaming liberal.

Over the past few days I have developed and/or received some more clarification's and definitions of the upcoming Republican move towards Comprehensive Immigration Reform and I have two conclusions. #1. There is some substance in the news reports of said movement. #2. I remain skeptical of both the news media and the Republicans. I simply am not willing to believe some aspects of some sort of amnesty. There is too much disinformation, chicanery, propaganda, innuendo, hype. It's pure politics which is now a dirty word.

There doesn't really seem to be much new about Republicans forging ahead with reform. True that it is now admitted that the move is to appease and pander to certain class of voters in November 2014. But I have heard that already before, i.e. the gang of 8. This amnesty thing has been around for years and it hasn't gone anywhere yet. Not to limit the list but in my opinion some of the best friends who will not go along are Steve King, Peter King, Charles Grassley, Jeff Sessions, Louie Gohmert and several more. I write to them all thanking them and pledging my support.

Comprehensive Immigration Reform means specifically that existing laws will be weakened, gutter or possibly some eliminated and supplanted with more accommodating laws making it easier of foreign invader's. It's ONLY purpose it to pander to and appease certain voters. It is NOT designed to improve anything here in the USA. Obama care is a prime example of how this administration is hopelessly incompetent. Immigration *( Legal and illegal )presently is a massive debacle. It will get worse if there is a Republican backed "amnesty or semi-amnesty".

Thanks Guys and Gals " network partners" in California. There are so few of us left. The East Coast really appreciates your efforts.

https://snt147.mail.live.com/default.aspx?id=64855&owa=1&owasuffix=owa%2f#!/mail/ViewOfficePreview.aspx?messageid=d5c18c04-8719-11e3-baad-00215ad9bd04&folderid=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001&attindex=2&cp=-1&attdepth=2&n=1796425973

Greg in LA
01-28-2014, 03:18 PM
Wettibe, if you're saying that amnesty legislation is not going to happen, I can only say that I hope it doesn't.

My wife who doesn't pay much attention to politics, just laughs when she hears me talk about amnesty potentially passing, she say's "they've been trying that for years, it's not going to happen".

I hope she's right. I'm absolutely confident that Boehner will pass some form of legalization if he thinks he's got a 50% chance of getting away with it.

I've been calling Washington again today and I even got through to Boehners office. The call taker was really trying hard to say that I was wrong and Boehner doesn't support amnesty. When I asked him if Boehner supports legalization and work permits the call taker wouldn't answer.

It's a good sign in my book that Boehners office will answer the phone, but I have no doubt that he will try and introduce something if he thinks we are asleep.