PDA

View Full Version : CCIR Revives Gilchrist MMP Battle

Ayatollahgondola
09-21-2013, 08:22 AM
I'm not in the real loop here, but I've been reading emails and posts about CCIR holding an upcoming meeting about the Gilchrist/MinuteMan Project issue. They're leveling the same old charges about financial improprieties, but with an added twist that he/they are now behind TEAParty.org.

Honestly, I don't have a clue what inspired this latest revival, but it is coincident to the death of CCIR's Barbara Coe. I don't interact with Jim much, and he hasn't contacted me recently, so I'm just left wondering. I haven't seen or read anything about Jim or MMP in the media of late either.

I did read on Chelene Nightingale's Facebook page that she's still parading her court battle with Jim as some sort of vindication of her agenda at the time. I never saw it that way. Jim sued her for defamation, and the court ruled that he couldn't be defamed because he had run for public office and therefore was a public figure open to whatever defamatory statements people wanted to make. In any case, Chelene has also revived her attack on Jim/MMP

That's all I really know at present, but I'll restate that I a bit baffled as to why this is being conjured up at this time, other than any new charges that he is at the core of any chicanery at TeaParty.org. I don't know anything about TeaParty.org either. Not now anyway

Rim05
09-22-2013, 05:02 AM
This is the kind of nonsense that has us so divided. WE do not work together any more. Not sure what to think our end will be.
I did not even know that Barbara Coe had died.

Ayatollahgondola
09-22-2013, 08:42 AM
This is the kind of nonsense that has us so divided. WE do not work together any more. Not sure what to think our end will be.
I did not even know that Barbara Coe had died.

Well, We'll have to wait and see if it's nonsense or not yet. All of the parties have had a direct impact on the movement in a positive fashion at some point. We have to decide independently whether any proven failures or misdeeds are more unworthy than positive influences performed. There's no shame or real harm in pointing out what you perceive as improprieties in a co-conspirator's actions performed in this effort. They can do both good and bad. They can also do some good, while lining pockets in a self-serving fashion. People can also get caught up in their own self-importance and let that be the driver behind their actions, but still bring attention to the effort. None of us are perfect.
I've always said we can still chew each other's asses while moving on our opposition.
What I don't like is some egocentric nazi-like persons attempting an ascent to total power and dictating who is good, and who is bad, all the while refusing to prove or even discuss the alleged infractions, and hiding behind their own walls of deceit.

Barbara Coe has always been given a wide berth here, and in my personal realm, despite the treatment she gave me after the cockroach started bending her ear behind closed doors. I've always felt she did too much good overall to let that be a distraction. The cockroach is another matter altogether. She had this wonderful public face here, but off camera, and in person, she was a manipulative, deceitful power monger. She still hasn't paid back our member Frank,..it's been years since he obtained a judgement against her, and yet she's publicly beating down Gilchrist for money mismanagement.
Jim Gilchrist is a bit enigmatic. Without a doubt, he brought a huge amount of interest to our cause. All the charges people leveled at him may have foundation, but you'd have to be a party to it to understand it all. The most injurious thing I perceived in public terms was his presidential endorsements. That hurt his credibility and made us all question his objectivity. These people who dealt with him on a daily basis have pressed their case forward and had judges vindicate them lately. you'll all have to read that up and decide.

wetibbe
09-23-2013, 04:25 AM
Some time back - 3-2 years or more I received an E-mail from Gilchist asking for a donation. He said he was rekindling the Minuteman effort. Simultaneously heard that he had retired and I also followed all of the peccadillos associated with his trials and tribulations, law suit and attempted take over by associates.

At that time I was heavily involved with some patriot group border watchers in Southern Arizona and also in communication with some county sheriffs there as well as DOD. Particularly I was communicating with Paul Babue sheriff and helping him to obtain arms and supplies.

My son in law works for the State Department involved in Iraq and Afghanistan. He told me about all of the military surplus coming back. Fortunately Paul was able to obtain huge amounts or weapons, supplies, night vision equipment and even a helicopter. At the same time I was trying to recruit volunteers and promoting it widely among various Government Departments. That too was successful and Paul obtained many "deputies".

I wrote to Jim Gilchrist and explained everything, inviting him to get involved. He wouldn't respond. He stopped soliciting donations from me. Didn't hear of any more activities there.

I'm concluding that his main objective was to collect funds to pay his attorneys. At least he never reactivated the Minutemen nor made any speaking tours that I ever heard of.

Ayatollahgondola
09-23-2013, 09:59 AM
Some time back - 3-2 years or more I received an E-mail from Gilchist asking for a donation. He said he was rekindling the Minuteman effort. Simultaneously heard that he had retired and I also followed all of the peccadillos associated with his trials and tribulations, law suit and attempted take over by associates.

At that time I was heavily involved with some patriot group border watchers in Southern Arizona and also in communication with some county sheriffs there as well as DOD. Particularly I was communicating with Paul Babue sheriff and helping him to obtain arms and supplies.

My son in law works for the State Department involved in Iraq and Afghanistan. He told me about all of the military surplus coming back. Fortunately Paul was able to obtain huge amounts or weapons, supplies, night vision equipment and even a helicopter. At the same time I was trying to recruit volunteers and promoting it widely among various Government Departments. That too was successful and Paul obtained many "deputies".

I wrote to Jim Gilchrist and explained everything, inviting him to get involved. He wouldn't respond. He stopped soliciting donations from me. Didn't hear of any more activities there.

I'm concluding that his main objective was to collect funds to pay his attorneys. At least he never reactivated the Minutemen nor made any speaking tours that I ever heard of.

I haven't heard anything from him lately. The last time we exchanged anything, it was in regards to an interview he was about to do with public TV. I gave him my input on it, and then that was it. His website is active, but really..there's been nothing about him coming through here save for Deb Courtney's court ruling in the news, and then CCIR's emails in circulation.